Ibanez JPM100 P3

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its seems to be about the going price lately, I have a couple myself, black & white and also the camouflage. Every few months or so I keep an eye on eBay just out of curiosity. The last time I looked which was about 6 weeks ago I did see one go for over $1500. When I purchased mine I got the black & white for $1200 and the camouflage for $1000, both new (I got a good deal on the guitars)
I got them with intention of just using them live, good solid guitar but if the neck got snapped off would not feel as bad as if it was to happen to say my Les Paul. But 10 years later I always use these guitars including recording. They are basically just a RG series guitar but feel allot more solid.

Here's my P-3.

http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r216/np0206/?action=view&current=1997JPM100.jpg

Great guitar. Unfortunately, doesn't get played much. Thought about selling it numerous times. It's a little dinged up on the back. So, I'd probably never come close to getting what I bought it for.

I really like this color and the P-1 color....
Is this guitar worth it ?? I have never played an Ibanez before (maybe only in the shops ...)
Or should I wait till I get enough money for the MM JP6 ?

Dror520 said:
Is this guitar worth it ??

Or should I wait till I get enough money for the MM JP6 ?
As the saying goes “it is what it is” It is a very nice RG series Ibanez guitar with a great pickup configuration. When I say I love mine I’m not kidding! I also have a friend who has the P-1 and he also loves the guitar. Although there is an increase in value on eBay with these guitars it is most likely due to the JP name. That and they are out of production.

On the other hand a MM JP-6 is a totally different guitar; I don’t have one of these but plan on getting one in the future. A friend of mine has one after playing this guitar for only a short time it felt like I owned this guitar for years. Unlike the Ibanez model this is not a MM model with JP’s name slapped on it this is guitar designed from the ground up. Sounds awesome BTW!

Thx for the link !!! that was awesome !!

all you guys tell me should I wait yill I have enough money for the MM witch will take about 6 months ,,, (because I'm only 16 years old ...) or should I buy the JPM ???

BTW, I don't like the headstock of the MM .... lol

for me the jpm is way more beautiful !!

This the way I see it.
Is the JP-6 a better guitar than the JPM Yes
Is the JPM a good guitar that plays well and sounds great. Dam straight!
Could I be happy with a JMP. Dam straight (IN my case play them more than my Gibsons.

A pic of mine

PB240310.jpg

Better shot

PB240312.jpg

6L6C said:
This the way I see it.
Is the JP-6 a better guitar than the JPM Yes
Is the JPM a good guitar that plays well and sounds great. Dam straight!
Could I be happy with a JMP. Dam straight (IN my case play them more than my Gibsons.

A pic of mine

PB240310.jpg

Better shot

PB240312.jpg

Do you r saying that you think that the JP-6 is a better guitar them the JPM ?

Dror520 said:
Do you r saying that you think that the JP-6 is a better guitar them the JPM ?

Yeah it is! IMHO

But the JPM is still a fine guitar!

Even when I do get a JP-6, I’m still keeping both JPM’s

If you’re asking my personal view, I would suggest waiting for a JP-6. As far as money ($1500)your almost there anyway and it is a far better guitar. If you were able to get a JPM for say 1000-1200 I might have a different view.

But there again I do remember what it is like to be 16, either way you decide you will still get a great sounding and playing guitar.

I think a P3 is a better deal at $1,200 than $1,500. The P4 tends to be the least popular due to the camouflage coloring and is more readily obtainable at a fair price.

I owned the P2 (neon colors) and a P4. Sold both over the years, and regret parting with the P2. I now play... tada... the MusicMan JP6, which as someone else said is really a totally different instrument. It is superior in many ways to the Ibanez JPM-100, but the JPM-100 has a slightly heavier sound. I actually prefer the DiMarzio Steve's Special bridge pickup in the JPMs and in the early MM JP-6s. The current ones have the D-sonic, which I don't find to be as cleanly defined.

I don't play these because I'm specifically after JP's tone or sound but because they're amazing guitars that get an incredible sound. My main Ibanez (I have many guitars), which is my most used guitar besides the JP6, has custom wiring with the pickups from the JPM-100... DiMarzio Air Norton and Steve's Special, with custom three-way wiring. The guitar itself is an Ibanez RGT42DXFMLT, which has a mahogany body and neck-thru construction. My tutorial on pickup replacement actually details the process of upgrading this guitar to have the DiMarzio pickups and special wiring.

http://www.musicplayers.com/tutorials/guitars/2006/0906_Pickups201.php

Scott

Here's the deal on JPM-100s:

P1 -- bright primary color-ish graphics.
P2 -- more subdued brightness, but neon hot pink in the graphics.
P3 -- black and white graphics.
P4 -- camouflage graphics.
HAM 90 -- green/blue reflective graphics.

That video looked like a P2 or maybe a P3 with stage lighting messing with the appearance.

Latest posts

Back