• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ibanez Destroyer Alert!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restless Rocks

Reaction score
Candy Apple Red in Johnson City Tenn. http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-IBANEZ-DESTROYER-APPLE-RED-GOLD-HARDWARE-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ110115750301QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33043QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry for false alert i didn't realize 2002 was considered vintage until I saw the serial number. I love late 70's early 80's ibanez guitars myself but haven't seen the real McCoy Distroyer for sometime. That Candy Apple Red is pretty cool though!

Those set neck Ibanez Destroyers, V's and Icemans from the early 80's were the bomb. I had some of those back in the day.

I'll have to search around for a picture.
I'll get back to you.

disassembled said:
I bet I could find some here in Japan if anyone is REALLY interested in getting something like this.

Greg

I currently live in Kyoto, Japan, and the early '80s Ibanez stuff is pretty easy to find...especially the low cost ones. I prefer the '70s glued-neck lawsuit models, and I never see them here. Here's my '75 pre-serial number Destroyer prototype that went to the NAMM show back then. I've had it loaded with my waxed '70s Dimarzio Super-Distortion pup since '83. Oh, and my '85 Boogie MkIII simul blue stripe with int'l tranny.

Cheers!

GuitarsandAmps.jpg

Back