I was all set to get an Ace but.......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danyeo1

Reaction score
I have been reading rave reviews from some friends i know that are at NAMM about the new Marshall JVM. I liked the fact that the Ace could do 3 modes on 2 channels but the new Marshall has 4 channels with 3 modes on each channel. It has clean, Plexi tones, JCM800 and hot rodded JCM800 tones plus all out high gain. I'm going to have to wait and compare them myself.

But i don't know just yet if the new Marshall combo is a closed back like the Ace is.

it looks like a good amp, but did I see 3k for a head as the suggested retail?

Yeah but if it is built just as bad as the DSL and TSL's I wouldnt touch it. I doubt likley they are going to make them any better.

I also like the look of the 2203KK (kerry King), seems interesting, need to find more details on it, has two extra knobs looks like.

David.W said:
it looks like a good amp, but did I see 3k for a head as the suggested retail?

Nothin' wrong with checkin' out the competition! I see it's selling in the UK for around 785 British Pounds which is around $1550 U.S. Dollars. Not a bad price at all.

4 channels with 3 modes each? Sounds like the road king hehe

The RK weights more.... phhht only 48lbs compared to 57lbs. I bet it collapses like a cardboard box :p

It looks like it has a digital reverb. The midi foot controller is a good idea.

It is still going to sound like a Marshall, which is loved but some... hated by many here. :twisted: The ace is still going to sound different.

danyeo1 said:
I have been reading rave reviews from some friends i know that are at NAMM about the new Marshall JVM. I liked the fact that the Ace could do 3 modes on 2 channels but the new Marshall has 4 channels with 3 modes on each channel. It has clean, Plexi tones, JCM800 and hot rodded JCM800 tones plus all out high gain. I'm going to have to wait and compare them myself.

But i don't know just yet if the new Marshall combo is a closed back like the Ace is.

sounds like something i'd be interested in buying if it accurately reproduces each sound.

God I hate signiture gear.

The amp looks good though, I used to use Marshall for many years and the idea that I would go back to a company that uses cheap parts and glue to build my amp scares me. Even my jubilee was poorly built. I think if i wanted a Marshall again it would be a hot rodded jcm800, so in that case,

:roll:

Splawn

danyeo1 said:

The JVM is very interesting, I just wish I could see some chassis shots of the PCB construction, where the bias control is located, etc.

http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=JVM410&pageNumber=3

jvm-series3.jpg

Built in digital reverb, solo boost, midi switching, multi mode channels, switchable series effects loop- I want one! 8)

Anyone hear it at NAMM?

Looks like a good amp and read's out to be, would have to spend some time with one though. As others have said, hopefully better built than other marshalls.

I went a read a few reviews on that link. I am pretty interested in this amp now. I would really like to hear it. Also have they set prices on them yet? Sorry if it is in that thread, at work and can't read too much into it.

For more info on this amp visit www.marshallamps.com and checkout the Marshall Theater for a full demo, published Guitarist Magazine review, and handbook/press materials. Appears to be an excellent versatile amp. I'm interested in trying one out.

Latest posts

Back