I want one amp that

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

asattwanger

Reaction score
Will allow me to do every thing under the sun. I don't want to change guitars with different pickups and different woods. I just want to step on a button and be Santana, step on a button and be Hendrix, step on a button and be 70's funk clean, and then step again and be heavey XXX metal.

I don't want to use any pedals either.

So what do you think, a Mesa Boogie?

Wow, some post are cool, but not these type.

My name is Dave 8) and I want to sound like me. :lol: and the :twisted: Maverick :twisted: and a couple pedals :wink: do the trick.

:shock: sorry :shock:

I think he was being funny and just touting his own amp rig.

"I just want to step on a button and be Santana, step on a button and be Hendrix, step on a button and be 70's funk clean, and then step again and be heavey XXX metal.

Boy, Dave that's a tall order. I've been hunting and test driving Mesa's (and other stuff too) and each amp has it's own flavor and is suited to different tastes.

Here's my 2 cents...

Santana - Mark 1 or IV,
step on a button and be Hendrix - Stilletto series 2? Maybe Mark III
70's Funk clean - Lone Star
Heavy Metal - Dual/Triple rec

When Mesa builds this amp we'll give you a call! Just kidding Dave! In all seriousness the Roadking can be tweaked to have some Marshallesque tones, especially using the el34's. The clean circuit on the series 2 is the same as the Lone Star. The Roadking will not do Mark sounds. The Rigs & Tones section has examples of a lot of this stuff

Half the fun is finding out for yourself. My advice is be patient and try a bunch of different Mesa stuff.

Welcome to the board :D

Russ said:
I think he was being funny and just touting his own amp rig.

Yeah thanks Russ... us brits practically invented humour for the world :roll:

oh, and the Zinky Superfly? It deserves major recognition. One of the sickest things I've ever played.

Well you guys certainly created a language that though it has the fewest rules it has the most exceptions to those rules. This is what makes learning english so difficult for speakers of other languages. It is nice that other cultures just use our words though now instead of trying to continue making up words for things further confusing the world.

I dig most British humor. The stuff I can't appreciate as much is the politically directed humor. There again, I guess you would have to be there.

My girlfriend, who's French, has trouble understanding English humour because of all the cultural and political anecdotes, you gotta spend a long time here to "get it". French humour is easy to understand, lol. I like the surreal side of comedy, Python etc.

[/hijack]

jvk said:
My girlfriend, who's French, has trouble understanding English humour because of all the cultural and political anecdotes, you gotta spend a long time here to "get it". French humour is easy to understand, lol. I like the surreal side of comedy, Python etc.

[/hijack]

But of course she's French...why do you think she has that ouuutrrrageous acscent!

sorry about the hijack, could resist.

Chugged pints with the Brits in Turkey. Miss you Limey bastards sometimes!!!

Elpelotero said:
clutch, when is your signature going to say "pre500 dual rectifier black face" on there? lol...or rather, #82X

shhh!!! 2ch's suck! buy a Marshall they rawk!

Man we have so hijacked, sorry dude!

jvk said:

[/hijack]

Im in the UK quite often as mother is from Berks . When im in the pub with my mates i always have to stay on my toes as they are always "taking the piss" . Just to see if Im paying attention . You know, "Lets wind up the American". Doesnt matter to me as i'm always well chuffed to be drinking real ale !

I live in Reading. I think we've had this conversation before :)

back to the post

you mentioned four different footswitchable sounds

an RK will most probably get you all the sounds prety convincingly with some tweeking,
got the lonestar clean for the 70's stuff
got a breakup sound for your hendrix
got a pretty smooth(not MK smooth) 3rd channel with some tweeking to be had

and the 4th channel is that insane recto stage,sheer metal

couple all that together with all the options on the back,and its pretty much the amp your after

Im talking about a RKII v2,these have better cleans than the first release RKII's

get one

asattwanger said:
I just want to step on a button and be Santana, step on a button and be Hendrix, step on a button and be 70's funk clean, and then step again and be heavey XXX metal.

Does the comma represent a momentary silence between channels? :shock:

That **** Mesa footswitching latency problem! :evil: :wink: :lol:

jbird said:
asattwanger said:
I just want to step on a button and be Santana, step on a button and be Hendrix, step on a button and be 70's funk clean, and then step again and be heavey XXX metal.

Does the comma represent a momentary silence between channels? :shock:

That **** Mesa footswitching latency problem! :evil: :wink: :lol:

Yeah that is kinda a drag, but if you don't footswitch {like me} your ok. I'm either the song clean and pedal to dirty tone {more like not so clean} or I'm in the dirty and pedal to extra dirty. Never back and forth form each channel.

O-yeah, you Brits and humor. Here's some Argentine humor for you.

HAND OF GOD! :shock: :shock: :shock: :!:

Sorry, just had to.

While I'm at it. Which Club holds the most interenational titles.

BOCA JUNIORS!!!!!!!

Really I was just telling the world how great my :twisted: Maverick :twisted: is.

Latest posts

Back