I traded in my Triple Rectifier on this day...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bloodstone

Reaction score
I traded in my Triple Rectifier on this day...for a brand new Dual Rectifier. Dead even trade. I decided the triple was just a tiny bit more than what I needed so why not downgrade to get a better sound at a lower volume right? I hope I'm right...I've got 3 days to change my mind!

I think you'll be happier personally.

Don't get me wrong, the triples slay, but they're not very practical for a non-stage environment. 100 Watts is a lot more managable.

DONT DO IT!!! If you want to downgrade just pull the outter pair of tubes and one rectifier tube and boom you have a dual rec. Then if you ever want the extra power put the tubes back in then boom you have a triple rec. So basically brand new the triple is a hundred dollars more than the dual rec but you get 50 extra watts and if you want pull out the tubes and you have a dual rec as well.

True, but my triple has been eating tubes lately and even though it checked out fine it is still acting funny with lots of buzzing and feedback. I looked at this as a way of getting a new amp over my pre-owned when i got it amp :p

$1000 out the door.

Plus the duals diamond plating is like shiney as it can be where my triple was kinda dull.

You basically made $700 then......duals sell new for $1700....you got the triple for $1000!

Good grab!

DONT DO IT!!! If you want to downgrade just pull the outter pair of tubes and one rectifier tube and boom you have a dual rec. Then if you ever want the extra power put the tubes back in then boom you have a triple rec. So basically brand new the triple is a hundred dollars more than the dual rec but you get 50 extra watts and if you want pull out the tubes and you have a dual rec as we
i thought you couldnt pull the tubes of a triple, only duals.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that you CAN'T......it messes with the impedence, and is not good for the amp....only with a dual can you pull the tubes.

3 days are up and all I can say is I don't think I'd go back to the Triple from the Dual if you paid me to. Much better gain at our practice levels (which is very loud anyway). Now I just need a small combo amp at a good price to practive around the house.

Glad to hear your happier! I almost bought the Triple over the Dual and then decided last minute, nah i don't need the triple. Glad i did.

Yes you can pull out on pair of power tubes from the triple dropping it down to 100 watts from 150. You also have to pull a rectifier tube when you do this. Before I bought my triple I was reading in the users manual for the dual rectifier and it said you can do this to drop it to a single. But in the triple recs manual it did not say this so I called mesa boogie and they said "you can drop it down to the dual, but you cannot drop it down to a single that will mess with the impedance." My guess for the reason why it says you can drop the dual to the single but does not say you can drop the triple to the dual is because the triple is only a hundred dollars more and it can be 100 or 150 watts, which means it would be a waste of money to buy the dual when you can buy the triple and have the extra 50 watts if you need it.

Latest posts

Back