I saw Liquid Tension Experiment in SF last night

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Fore

Reaction score
Petrucci was using his dual Mark IV rack (the same rack pictured in his Guitar Player magazine cover story last year termed his "B" rack). They jammed non-stop for almost 3 hours and were laughing the whole time. You would think they have been playing together for years with Tony Levin. JP had two Recto traditional 4x12's. The local openers Zero Hour were insanely good too. Their guitar player used a triple recto head I believe. It was great to see the Dream Theater guys in a small club where you could pretty much walk up to the stage and stand right in front of them while they jaaaaaaammmmed. Quite a few people flew in from Japan to see the show. I only had to drive 45 minutes. :D

The Independent is small enough where you can stand right in front of John Petrucci's cabs and only hear him and the acoustic drums. The tickets were kind of pricey for a typical club show, but to watch one of the world's premier guitar players like a private instructional video made it a bargain. Did I mention they jaaaaaaammmmed??

Been to the L.A. show. They kicked some ***..Same type of venue. They actually had the sound I wish DT has these days. Anyway, L.A. was supposedly 400 seat venue. Or so they say.

Latest posts

Back