I need a a good source for...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reprove

Reaction score
wicker grill cloth.
I'm looking to re-do the front of my DC-5 and the grill in my Marshall cab. I 'm going for that Mark I vibe, if i can find the right stuff. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Matt

Wicker Cane?
http://216.105.59.114/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=59

Other grills:
http://www.tubeampparts.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=A&Category_Code=GC

reprove said:
RR said:
what about Michael's ?

I'm not familiar. ???
I was afraid of that.

Here in California we have this Arts / Craft chain stores call "Michael's" at most citites.

So are you looking for that wicker cane grill (straw)? Check your lumber yard w/ exotic woods. I know a local lumber yard place where I live carries that stuff.

I hope other reply on how to install this stuff. Mine stretch and sagged. I think you are suppose to treat it with something so it stays stiff.

Beavis's voice: "heh, heh" He said 'stiff'

Thanks. I'll look into that. Good tip on the treating. i'll see what i can find out and let you know for future refrence. Thanks
Matt

I found a source that will ship pre-woven cane in 36" wide bundles. You just buy by the foot.

http://www.caneandreed.com/prewovencane.html

I just put my order in so hopefully next week I can have some pics up for everyone.
Thanks Again
Matt

I bought mine from a funiture store that specialized in wicker chair recovering and rebuilding.

The guy told me to soak it in water until it is completely saturated then staple it in place, with the staples on the back of the grill near the edge. As it dries it will shrink and fit very taught.

I would recommend trying to install it on something that is throw away first to get the hang of how it works first, practice makes perfect. I wished I would have done that... lesson learned.

Chris... 8)

I bought mine from a funiture store that specialized in wicker chair recovering and rebuilding.

The guy told me to soak it in water until it is completely saturated then staple it in place, with the staples on the back of the grill near the edge. As it dries it will shrink and fit very taught.

I would recommend trying to install it on something that is throw away first to get the hang of how it works first, practice makes perfect. I wished I would have done that... lesson learned.

Chris... 8)

Thanks Chris of the technique of intalling this material.

Now is this funiture or rather furniture in San Jose?

I got my wicker cane at Southern Lumber off Monterey St. Great place for material if you build solid body electric guitars.

Yep the computer age, spell checkers have made me lazy.

The store was actually up in Redwood City near Gelb Music. It's been so long ago I don't even remember the name of the store though.

I've perused Southern Lumber many times checking out wood for speaker cabinets back when I thought I might make my own hardwood 2x12 cabinet. I'm glad I let a pro make the cabinet for me though, a woodworker I am not.

If you're local and bored, my band Summit 2V1 is playing downtown San Jose at Gordon Biersch Sunday afternoon on September 10th.

Chris... 8)

Latest posts

Back