I Love my MK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^Really? I can't tell whether that's serious or sarcastic :? Darn internet :lol:

I love everything about my Mark IV....with in, and my two PRSi, I have finally found MY tone....it's a righteous thing :twisted:

I too love my mark iv! The single greatest and most expensive piece of equipment I own XD
I've had it 10 good months and I'm loving it MORE everyday!
Mesa you've made a believer out of me :p
I seriously don't understand how they went from Mark IV to Recto though. I mean as UNBIASED as possible, I really dislike the sound of them, very harsh not warm and fat at all, just really grindy and trust me I HAVE! spent a lot of time with them!
Cheers to my fellow Mark IV owners!

I can see how they went to a Recto from a Mark. I owned a Mark IV and loved the Lead channel, but it is definitely a vintage voicing. The clean and Rhy2 channels are pretty good, but the Lead channel was the 'magic' channel for me. Although, the amp overall was too tight for my tastes so I went with a Roadster instead. The tone is much more modern and, for my taste/playing style, just sounds better to my ears. I wouldn't mind to have a Mark IV still, but the Roadster is all I need for sparkling cleans, heavy rhythm, and everything in between. YMMV... :D

Shep: if you are not being sarcastic about needing more bottom end then grab a thiele cab and you will have more than enough bottom end then!

I hate to say it, but I was skeptical at first...but yes, the Mark IV pretty much kills every amp I've had before...if I can only get it to sound as good at low volumes as high volumes...I think my search for my distorted tone is done! :D

It's the real deal.

alphadog808 said:
I hate to say it, but I was skeptical at first...but yes, the Mark IV pretty much kills every amp I've had before...if I can only get it to sound as good at low volumes as high volumes...I think my search for my distorted tone is done! :D

It's the real deal.

If you'd set up your amp instead of just turning the volume way up I'm sure you'd find it easy to get a good sound.

right now i have a roadster and a mark IV.
the roadster can do the modern stuff that the mark IV kinda lacks.
i'd agree the IV has a more 80's/90's voicing on the lead channel (hince when it was made), and i think thats why i like it more than the roadster.
the roadsters vintage mode on channel 3 is pretty good, but can't touch the mark.
both killer amps, just a matter of taste from there.

it's just Rhy2.. it's my modern Heavy rhy sound in my band.. it lack's that little bit.. the lead can get really nice bass. That is all..

I could never get anything I liked out of Mark IV's R2 channel. I had a wide-body combo and short head. Still I'd like to get another one some day. These days I have an RKII which I love and just picked up a Studio Pre and 50/50. These two pieces through my Mesa Trad. 4x12 are awesome. It's like a slightly more aggressive, 2 channel Mark IV that's not so difficult to dial in.

I wuv mine too :) Most versatile, clearest and tightest amp ever. It's just perfect.

Latest posts

Back