I Just Rediscovered My MKIIC+ Simul Class

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramalam

Reaction score
I have been considering selling the amp and got out the old documentation for iT and just for fun, I started trying some of the recommended settings. I thought I had found the ultimate settings for getting the best sounds. Wow, was I wrong! Though my settings were good and I will still use them, I found some of the recommended settings (with minor tweaks), opened up my eyes again for some new sounds. I had grown complacent and forgotten the capabilities of these incredible amps. I had rarely pulled more than two or three boost knobs at the same time in the last few years. I tried the metal settings, with Vol. 1 and Lead Drive dimed and all but the lead drive pulled, as suggested. Fire started coming out of my two Marshall 1965B, 4 X 10" speaker cabs. Well, not really. I was exaggerating there but you get the picture.

Now, even that I no longer play out and can't crank up the amp as loud as I would like as often, I don't know if I can part with it.

The point is; there are some great sounds (not just the Metal sounds) that Smith and Bendinelli discovered early on that if you haven't tried recently, you might want to check out. For me, it was like blowing the carbon out of the old garage queen muscle car...grins from ear to ear.

carlosasi said:
Oh Great!

I was hoping you would sell that C+ to me.

Enjoy!

well check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-II-C_W0QQitemZ300206244961QQihZ020QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I forget the correct serial numbers that qualifies it as a c+. This guy may not be sure what he has.

I'm curious as hell who the deceased first owner is. Nice looking amp, if it was simul I would bid.

I have my eye on this but really wonder if it is modded to a +... If MB can't confirm it and they keep a good catalog of their + mod's, you have to question it.

At least he has explicitly mentioned this.

I don't have a problem buying a C- (as MB described) and then converting, I never buy as a collector but fully loaded simul is the goal. I've got a guy locally that might be selling soon. We'll see these things just have a way of working out. Plus I don't think I'm emotionally ready for a C+ just yet. Not to mention I think my Mark III and Mark II have heard me talking about getting a C+ someday and I don't like the way they are looking at me right now.

carlosasi said:
I don't have a problem buying a C- (as MB described) and then converting, I never buy as a collector but fully loaded simul is the goal. I've got a guy locally that might be selling soon. We'll see these things just have a way of working out. Plus I don't think I'm emotionally ready for a C+ just yet. Not to mention I think my Mark III and Mark II have heard me talking about getting a C+ someday and I don't like the way they are looking at me right now.

it's one hell of a beast to tame. I would buy a C and not convert it. These things are getting harder and harder to find. Not to mention I think they only made 1000 or so. then again I have never heard an original C in person that I can remember. If you want the +. Get the real thing. **** the Mod.

Latest posts

Back