I just got my new Mark IV!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrichman

Reaction score
My Mark IV widebody combo arrived today...supposedly the last Mark IV made!!!

Serial# IV-13100 :)

I'll post pics shortly.

- Mark

Congrats. I got mine a couple of days ago. Mine is Serial# IV-13104 :wink:

mrichman said:
newfinator said:
Congrats. I got mine a couple of days ago. Mine is Serial# IV-13104 :wink:

13104...I guess you win :!:
I'd kinda like to know how high they go. Probably a round number like 13110 or 13150.

Oh, where a Mark IV is concerned there are no losers. :D

I am curious as to when you guys ordered yours. I ordered a leather covered wide body combo on March 31. I asked my dealer to call and check on it shortly after so I could see how long the wait would be. I was told 8-10 weeks. I am feeling like I am not going to be getting one...or maybe it will be there next week. They only do runs of one amp at a time, I believe, so if you guys are getting new ones, then if mines not coming on this run, its not coming at all...

I was told yesterday by my store guy that just got off the phone with Rich at Mesa that all of them have been shipped and the only one left is a combo in AAAAA flamed maple that is $3,200. Not sure if it is still available as of today, but that is the last one whatever number it is.

Mark Fore said:
I was told yesterday by my store guy that just got off the phone with Rich at Mesa that all of them have been shipped and the only one left is a combo in AAAAA flamed maple that is $3,200. Not sure if it is still available as of today, but that is the last one whatever number it is.

That is almost definitely correct. I ordered mine two weeks ago and picked it up yesterday. I actually knew before my dealer did that the Mark IV was discontinued. Angry, he spoke to a VP at Boogie who told him the only new Mark IV's left at the factory were two widebody combos, since they pretty much just build to order, and keep little or no inventory. I got one of those two amps. I had not heard about the flamed maple one. I paid about $2000 for mine.

- Mark

This whole thing is strange to me. How could you order one two weeks ago and have it already...was it already on order with the dealer? I have been waiting two months and nothing. I need to know if I should get my money back. Oh well.

Factree said:
This whole thing is strange to me. How could you order one two weeks ago and have it already...was it already on order with the dealer? I have been waiting two months and nothing. I need to know if I should get my money back. Oh well.

Mesa carries almost no inventory. Generally, everything is built to order. I just happened to get lucky and the VP who my dealer spoke with fessed up to having two widebody combos in stock, even after the last production run was up.

At this point, if you placed an order, I would suggest you have your dealer contact their sales rep and bark loudly up the chain until you get satisfaction. Otherwise, I'd just call Mesa Boogie directly and demand an accurate status.

- Mark

I just got off the phone with Mesa and my dealer, and all orders placed before the amp was discontinued will be filled. So there will be more coming. Mine will be made...phew I thought I wasn't going to get it.

Factree said:
I just got off the phone with Mesa and my dealer, and all orders placed before the amp was discontinued will be filled. So there will be more coming. Mine will be made...phew I thought I wasn't going to get it.

Congrats!!! You're going to love it!

I hope I love it. I have two boogies right now. I have actually never played a mark of any kind. I have no dealers around me at all, and the dealers I have visited have never had a mark 4. I am going solely from sound samples and reputation. I guess I am going to end up with one of the final ones. I did a custom leather finish and tan grill, so hopefully its a looker too...

Factree said:
I hope I love it. I have two boogies right now. I have actually never played a mark of any kind. I have no dealers around me at all, and the dealers I have visited have never had a mark 4. I am going solely from sound samples and reputation. I guess I am going to end up with one of the final ones. I did a custom leather finish and tan grill, so hopefully its a looker too...

I never played a Mark IV either before buying mine...went solely on what I've heard. This amp can do anything!

My mark iv arrived today. You were interested in the SN and its very strange. Your SN is higher than mine...013098 I custom ordered this amp and the fed ex label on the side from mesa to the dealer was marked last week. Strange that a ealier SN would come out later...maybe its the leather covering I ordered. Anyway this thing is sweet and gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back