I gotta new friend for the MKIIC+ and they get along great!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoner

Reaction score
I have always wanted a nice Yamaha SG/SBG and finally scored one. SBG3000 in Metallic Black. What an awesome combo! Sustain for decades and some serious "Carlos" tone happening - me likey!!! Z
SBGBOOG02.jpg
[/img]

Pretty guitar. Does she sound as good as she looks?

BTW, Is that a 15 in your Boogie or is that a Marshall 4x10?

That's the Marshall 1965A 4x10 that used to have my Green stripe MKIII on top, but also sounds mighty good with the IIC+. The Yammie is the fattest sounding axe I have owned to date and does a real nice coil-tapping thing too. The best thing about it is the fact that it isn't a boat anchor like most of these I have played. The SBG3000 uses Mahogany wings and doesn't have a big honkin' piece of brass under the bridge like the SBG2000, and I think it sounds better. Lots of Abalone had to die for the binding, though :cry: . Z

I played one of those guitars once when I was shopping for a PRS. Some guy comes in and says "Don't play that garbage. Play this." He then proceeds to come out with an early Yamaha sayin how Carlos used to play them back in the day. I was creaming my pants when he said he had a C+ at home.

Now I got my own. :D But still no PRS or Yamaha. :(

Back