I found a small tube "stash".

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smooth
661-2.jpg

Yes! I have a socket for you to go into baby! It'll warm you right up and you'll make the music that I want to hear! Mmmmmm...

socket.gif

The ribbed v. smooth debate will go on forever. The smooth are being copied currently by Ei but I don't trust them. I have had too many Ei tubes go microphonic.

gts said:
Russ said:
I thought the outer ring was sexy...
Was thinking the same thing!!

I've heard the same about Electro Harmonix 12ax7's quickly going, or worse starting out, microphonic.

My newly acquired '93 DR came shipped with EH 12ax7's....total crap :evil: brittle, tons of hum, one was bad microphonic, I was kinda ticked as the guy probably stuck these in to keep a nice set.

It really put me off to EH's rep as a tube supplier, never again !

Of course I replaced em all with my backup preamp set starting with the Mesa SPAX7 in V1, Now Excellent :D

Try something classy in V1. You'll be impressed. SPAX7 is an ok tube for low noise but that's about it.

Russ said:
Try something classy in V1. You'll be impressed. SPAX7 is an ok tube for low noise but that's about it.

Classy? ......like a Tung Sol or Mullard, I like the SPAX7 exactly for the low noise, it does an excellent job, as I ritually abuse the DR's preamp capabilities.

What do you suggest? :wink:

Latest posts

Back