I feel like a dumbass asking but...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishguy977

Reaction score
I have the older two channel dual rectifier, but I cannot get the **** bias switch to get over to EL34 setting !!! I know the switch should not be difficult to operate, but it is nothing like the other switches (ie the rectifier select and the Bold?Spongy switch).

How to I get it over there? Thanks.

irishguy977 said:
I have the older two channel dual rectifier, but I cannot get the **** bias switch to get over to EL34 setting !!! I know the switch should not be difficult to operate, but it is nothing like the other switches (ie the rectifier select and the Bold?Spongy switch).

How to I get it over there? Thanks.

Hehe, this is common. There is a small piece of black tape over the switch, peel it off and slide it over.

Awww man...MONEY!!!!

Now I can hear what this sucker sounds like with some EL34s in it. Thanks Platypus.

irishguy977 said:
Awww man...MONEY!!!!

Now I can hear what this sucker sounds like with some EL34s in it. Thanks Platypus.

8)

I remember sitting there for an hour one time thinking I was nuts..

:shock:

:roll:

:idea: I am glad I play a Mark IV... :wink: :lol:

Platypus said:
irishguy977 said:
Awww man...MONEY!!!!

8)

I remember sitting there for an hour one time thinking I was nuts..

me too!! :roll:

LMAO.....this is great! I didn't realize this was that big of a problem, sounds like something I would do......funny stuff.

Oh...it gets better...I had a screwdriver and a hammer out and was all set to force this "switch" over. I had myself convinced it was jammed inside the little block and was all set to call the guy I bought it from and give him grief. When the store guy removed the tape, I was dumbfounded :shock: ..All I kept thinking was, "I hope I didn't break the thing with the screwdiver" :lol: (I didn't)

Brentsp said:
LMAO.....this is great! I didn't realize this was that big of a problem, sounds like something I would do......funny stuff.

I actually found it in a similar way, trying to use a screwdriver to move it over, the tape peeled back a bit.. I was like :eek:

Back