I don't care what you say about RHY2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilrob1979

Reaction score
I think it's my new favorite channel on my Mark IV. Cranked just a bit through my Earcandy cab it sounds phenomenal through my Hamer for great classic rock and blues tones. I don't have it here as it's at my drummer buddy's house but I'll throw up some settings when I get 'em.

R2 + tele = bliss

I liked R2 with my other guitars but until I paired those two it didn't get nearly as much as use as it does now :p

I love R2 too. Very tight. With V-shape EQ it's metal, without EQ it's classic rock. Awesome sound

Ixnay on letting the atcay out of the agbay .

You'll put the kibosh on the shebang .
:)

Count me in too - Rhy2 gets used way more than the Lead channel on my Mark IV. I even use Rhy2 for leads. I wish I could get my Lead channel to sound as good as Rhy2 :lol:

I have to agree with R2 being a great channel and something I really just found out about. For me the break through was cranking the channel as suggested by devilrob1979. Great classic rock tone that is very touch sensitive. Kind of Marshall like. I am having fun with this.

Most of the little time I've had the MKIV so far, has been used on the lead channel. Still, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the R2 channel is very usable indeed. I was prepared for it to suck, because of all the negative things I've read about it. I don't get the dislike, really. Maybe there's a bigger difference between the A and B versions of the amp than people think? Beats me.

Well with this thread I think we can say the general consensus has changed! Live I'm always on R2. Gain pushed in and on 8 as well. You have to really dig in on single notes to get thicker overdrive but chords and The Edge style sounds wicked. Lead channel just for leads

Of course jamming along to Dream Theater at home in the stereo is totally different :wink:

I am REALLY interested though in all this BB preamp hype on the R2. Get like a 4th channel thing happening.

Yeah I'd like to try a BB Preamp one of these days but for now Rhy2 with my Hamer just sounds amazing. I use a little clean boost and delay from my GT-6 in the loop and it sounds pretty great for solo type stuff. It's just the EQ in the GT-6 with the settings all flat (0db) except for level at +6db. I'm putting new pickups in my Carvin and I can't wait to hear how it sounds with that. I just had a SD AlNiCo II pro arrive today and my custom custom should be here Monday. Anybody want some EMGs? Hah hah.

i also love r2...with a touch of boost.do you guys always put the boost in front of the amp?

I have a MKIV "A" version. I really like R2 and have using it more and more lately. I bought a BB preamp off Ebay about 3 weeks ago and haven't really found what I was looking for with it in boosting R2. I really like my treblebooster with it though. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the BB pre? I always put the boost in front of the amp. I might be selling my BB pre pretty soon and stick with the treblebooster. Anyways, R2 is a good channel and is usable. With or without boost.

Latest posts

Back