I decided I don't need my eq pedal.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vogelsong

Reaction score
I want to preface this with the following statement. This post is in reference to my ears and what they tell me I need only, no one else. (It sucks that I feel this has to be said.)

I spent 6 hours today playing with 2 eq's through my LSS, and another friends LSS.

We a/b'd one with the eq and one without. We also did it with the eq in the loop and up front.

And I gotta say after 6 hours of this between 2 pedals there wasn't a single tone dialed up with the eq's that we couldn't dial in with the controls of the LSS on their own. There were a couple times where we weren't quite sure if we had it dead on, but it **** sure was close enough.

I was using a EH GraphicFuzz, and a Presonus eq3b parametric eq which is actually a rack unit not a pedal. The tones with the parametric were the ones that were a little harder to dial in, but we both felt that we had them dead on if not so close you couldn't really tell.

So I'm gonna keep the pedals around a little while to make sure I like things as they are for good and then send them down the road.

Before I did the reeder Mod #2 and swapped out the tubes, I played around with my MXR 10 band EQ pedal in the loop. (maybe it was because I wanted another pedal on my board to look more impresive!). Either way, I couldn't get a sound out of it that I liked. After the re-tubing and mods, I won't dare put anything in the way. It sounds too good on it's own. Full, warm, smooth, and very vocal-like. Love this amp.

So glad I tradedd my Renegade for it.

I've had a similar experience in the past. I've also experienced it with attenuators.

Long story short is that whenever I use something to modify my tone, I start playing around and find I can get the amp to make that sound (or close enough) on it's own, and it usually performs slightly better for the effort.

Latest posts

Back