I can't seem to find any Mesa I like more than a Single Rect

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Locky

Reaction score
I've tried to upgrade my amp a few times, trying out a Dual and Triple Rectifier more than a few times. Each time I was disappointed with both the distortion channels and the cleans. I found the Single surpassed them completely. The only reason I'm looking to upgrade is I really want more than 2 channels. How does the road king distortions compare to the Single and Dual rectifiers? Thanks Guys.

thought about it, but I'd rather not have to drag out an extra head and cab.

Look at my sig..... I've had several rectifiers and my favorite out of all of those was either my Tremoverb or my Rectoverb (a single recto with reverb), a very close tie. Now that being said, my RK blows away anything I heard before!! I absolutely love my RK for everything, plus it's got 4 channels.

Before I got the Road King, I still needed extra sounds so what I did was used a Boogie V-Twin and I had 2 extra sounds to use with on the clean channel of my amp and the lower distortion channel. Several different stages and tones. Even now with my RK I use a Tubescreamer on channel 1 & 2 for extra tones.

Before the RK, I serously thought about getting a Lonestar Classic to run with my Tremoverb combo to have teh 4 tones I wanted, but I didn't want to lug around 2 heavy amps..... so now I have one EXTREMELY amp (125 lbs), but the tone I get is worth it. :wink:

So you like the distortion tone of the RK better then the Single Rect. What do you find better about them? Just curious as I am starting to look at getting a RK.

Locky Posted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:00 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thought about it, but I'd rather not have to drag out an extra head and cab.

Get the second head and one of those dual head road cases, and a friend to help you lift in/out of vehicles! Then get a HeadBone to switch heads, you don't have get a second cab for that. Two heads, one cab, happiness.

Latest posts

Back