I cant get any VOLUME on CH1...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendog

Reaction score
Unless my master is up to 11:00 or so, I cant get enough volume out of CH1. I cant turn the channel volume up any more because it will start to break up in FAT.

At this point, I'm hitting the SOLO when I use CH1. That is very inconvenient.

What do you guys do?

Ive had similar issues. I just turn the overall output higher and run the masters in channel 2 and 3 a little lower.

Shaner30 said:
Ive had similar issues. I just turn the overall output higher and run the masters in channel 2 and 3 a little lower.

But then I dont get the tone I'm looking for out of CH2 and CH3.

Hendog said:
Unless my master is up to 11:00 or so, I cant get enough volume out of CH1. I cant turn the channel volume up any more because it will start to break up in FAT.

At this point, I'm hitting the SOLO when I use CH1. That is very inconvenient.

What do you guys do?

where is your gain at?

i set may gain at noon, master at 11:00 oclock... hope that helps

Channel 1 actually seems the loudest on mine, even when I use fat mode.

I've been using tweed mode lately for my cleans, because I love how spanky and lively it can be. To avoid the problem with it clipping too early, I run the gain and treble quite low, but then increase the mids and presence to compensate. This way, it stays clean, but also stays properly bright. Maybe that will work for you on the other modes.

if you turn off the loop you can run each master inependant of the overall output knob, that way you can have the masters as the last in the signal chain, although obviously you lose the loop.

Channel 1 is always the loudest on mine. I don't run the masters on 2 and 3 that high though.

ch1 has the lowest gain, therefore you'll need to compensate with the most master vol (per channel). ch3 stays at about 9 o'clock on the master, whereas, i keep ch1 about 12+ depending on the power switch setting.

what kind of pickups are you running? single coils? that might cause more volume drop too. idk man, just tweak it. it's not a quiet amp by any means, but that depends on your settings.

Back