I am looking to convert a couple of combos to head/cabs.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JUS

Reaction score
I have an Express 5:25, as well as a Studio .22. Does anyone here have experience building head shells for these units, or have access to plans for them? I am working on acquiring a dovetail jig, and several board feet of flamed maple.

I also am open to suggestions for cabinet specs (open or closed), and speaker for each amp.

What I plan on doing is using the Studio .22 as a clean channel, the Express in crunch and burn modes.

Thanks for your help.

-JUS-

That's interesting, JUS. I've owned both amps, they're great. However, I must say, I think the overdrive in the Studio 22 is simply superb. I couldn't live without it.

Well, I picked up the studio for next to nothing. I have yet to get it to switch over to the drive channel. I know the clean channel does break up pretty nice, though!

FWIW, I was also thinking of converting my 525-10 combo to a head. I found that the LSS head will accomodate the express chassis (yeah, checked with Mesa and they said yes). I've been on the hunt for an LSS head sheel used for a while ...I know it's a longshot and I don't want to pop the cost for a new one, but I'm patient :)
Just thought I'd mention it to you since the LSS' dimentions may appeal to you, not to mention because of its popularity you may also get more ideas on build. Best to you and post pics when you get er done! :)

Edward

Thanks, Edward!

I recently purchased a dovetail jig, and have found a suitable local supplier of maple lumber. As soon as I can find a deal on a used biscuit jointer, I will be constructing my first head and cab. PICS WILL FOLLOW!

Open up your amp and measure the chasis. Just build your cab to fit the chasis dimensions by measuring from the inside. I've done this with my Lonestar.

Latest posts

Back