Huge clean volume loss

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MesaENGR412

Reaction score
My 3 channel triple Recto has a pretty significant volume loss when going from the distortions to the clean channel. Is this normal? Live i sometimes have to use the solo feature for my cleans to even be heard through the mix, especially if the other guitarist is playing distorted tones along with me. My other bud's Krank doesn't seem to have the same amount of volume drop between his two channels. I do have the fx loop engaged, so that i can use the master and the solo, would turning that off bring back some of the clean volume? or is it a tube issue? Thanks guys, sorry for all the questions right behind one another, but you guys are awesome help. I appreciate it very much!

-AJH

This is a known thing with Dual and Triple recs. It's not that there is a volume drop per say in the 1st channel, it's that the 2 lead channels are voiced much louder, there's an explanation in the manual somewhere. It is rather annoying but I've solved the problem with a sort of ghetto hack, see if it works for you... I don't use the solo feature for what it is intended simply because I use my guitar to do it. (8 for rythm, 10 for leads). I then turn the solo control up so that when you're on the first channel, it is equally as loud as the other two. It is annoying engaging not only the first channel but also the solo feature on the foot pedal but for the little amount that I use my DR for cleans, it works just fine.

Either that or turn the volume way up on the first channel but you lose some of the tone (the sweet spot between preamp/post amp) to my ears though that could just be me...it's a balance... the solo thing works well enough.

It's normal.....

I just tweak the masters to compensate for it....Channel 3 modern at about 11:30, while channel 2 vintage and channel 1 clean are at about 4:40.

Here's an option for you that I have found absolutly
turns my cleans to butter. The issue that I have
found with the clean channel is that it really relies
allot on the power amp to give it any sort of umph.
I take the over all volume of the amp and peg it
(all the way up...to 11). Your result will be unbelievable
sustain and nice controlable feedback @ any volume
that may not have been there before in your heavy
channels as well as a clean that simply wont stop
dripping with butter for you favorite texas toast
or cinnimon roll. This seams quite extream but
I think you will like the result. I play a triple so
this is rediculously loud. Turn all of your channel
preamp volumes off. Now barely touch the volumes
until you get the volume your looking for
(this will be barely any volume @ all). Also