How to tell difference between wide and not wide MK IV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axis39

Reaction score
I did some searching and couldn't find the answer to this question... My luck, it's probably int he MK IV thread and I just glazed over it as my eyes glazed over!

How do I know if I have the wide or short combo MK IV?

I know mine is a MK IV A, but other than that, I don't know richard.... And even if I had stayed at a Holiday Inn Express, I'd still be a clueless sot!
:oops: :p

Thanks in advance,

Well, how wide is it? One is about 20 1/2" and the other is 22" or 23" wide.

CudBucket' said:

Thanks, I'll measure it today!

Boogiebabies said:
The EQ switch and Lead Voicing switch are on the front and it has a blue pilot light.

That's for a wide body, right BB?

Thanks both of you! Appreciate the quick and short responses!

CudBucket' said:

Boogiebabies said:
The EQ switch and Lead Voicing switch are on the front and it has a blue pilot light.

Axis39 said:
CudBucket' said:

Boogiebabies said:

Yes, it's only for the wide one.

CudBucket said:

Well, mine's 18" wide, so I guess I have the super narrow body combo! :lol:

Seriously, it is only 18" wide and has no blue light on the front... now I'm a little jealous... I want a little blue light.... :shock: :lol:

I would not trade the short chassis combo. You can rack mount it, use it in the combo or slap it in a head shell. I could not imagine having to lift any more weight. Mine has an EV and is an absolute ton. The only thing worse is a C+ combo with an EV in Imbuya. It weighs in at a ball dropping 102 pound in a flight case. I could live without the blue light. :D

Boogiebabies said:
I would not trade the short chassis combo. You can rack mount it, use it in the combo or slap it in a head shell. I could not imagine having to lift any more weight. Mine has an EV and is an absolute ton. The only thing worse is a C+ combo with an EV in Imbuya. It weighs in at a ball dropping 102 pound in a flight case. I could live without the blue light. :D

:shock: 102? OYE!

Me too, I love mine and have had it since new back in 92. I wouldn't trade it for anything... even a C+. You'd really have to work hard to convince me, anyways!

And it is a beast! I'm very glad it's not cumbersome... cause heavy and awkward would be a real pain in the bee-hind-end! I keep thinking of hiring a sherpa to haul it around for me!

Axis39 said:
Boogiebabies said:

:shock: 102? OYE!

Me too, I love mine and have had it since new back in 92. I wouldn't trade it for anything... even a C+. You'd really have to work hard to convince me, anyways!

And it is a beast! I'm very glad it's not cumbersome... cause heavy and awkward would be a real pain in the bee-hind-end! I keep thinking of hiring a sherpa to haul it around for me!

I got the C+'s, then the IVB and then the III.
I would trade it for a C+, then go buy another IV considering the current market. The IV is one of the best on the planet.

Boogiebabies said:
The only thing worse is a C+ combo with an EV in Imbuya. It weighs in at a ball dropping 102 pound in a flight case. :D

Hahaha!! I agree. Lifting it keeps me young. But now that I turned 50, I am thinking of changing the EV to an Eminence 150.
My C+ is a 60/100W fully loaded and I have a Thiele matching cab with an EV. So I think the Eminence will sweeten up a little bit the combo and I won't regret trimming some pounds out of the combo.

By the way, I understand that the short combo is 18.5" wide and the widebody is 22.5".
Daniel

Latest posts

Back