How to reamp with the Apogee Duet and Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budlovesaly

Reaction score
Can anyone here shed some light on this subject for me? I was contemplating reamping some sounds that I've recorded with some different mics and in different rooms. Is that what the Instrument Amp function is for on Maestro? Thanks.

For re amping you would need a reamp box. The instrument amp function i believe would be for you to be able to record your guitar or bass or any instrument with an instrument level signal. To reamp you need to take your signal from instrument to line level There are a few relatively inexpensive units that will get the job done.

But Hey I'm no expert
Andrew

Dark Andy, the Instrument Amp is not an INPUT, it is an OUTPUT option. The Duet has four inputs -- 2 Hi-Z Instrument inputs, and 2 XLR inputs. I can easily record my amplifier with my SM 57 and the XLR input. After doing so though, I was thinking of reamping with one of the two output. With Maestro (which comes with the Duet), I am able to change the output from 'line-out' to 'instrument amp.'

I am not sure what the exact function of the Instrument Amp option is, but I am guessing it is for reamping or using you Duet and amp as a monitoring system. I am not entirely sure though, hence why I am on here asking advice. I would just call Apogee, but it is the weekend, and a three-day one.

Thanks though.

Back