How to get a Steve Vai/ Joe satriani tone from my MK5?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metallicaseeker

Reaction score
Hello!
I know that Vai uses Carvin Legacy, and Satriani uses Peavey...and that we can't get the same song of them on Mk5, but can anyone tell me how to get close of theis lead sound, that smooth and full sound...

Thank you all again!

Pedro.

Which Vai and Satriani tones?

My advice is to use crunch mode on channel 2 and Mark IV mode on channel 3. Dial them in smoothly. Use your neck pickup for leads. Add an overdrive like the BB preamp or even a TubeScreamer in front of channel 2. Add a little delay and smooth chorus in the loop. That's what I do when playing Vai or Satch.

eudaimonia02912 said:

My advice is to use crunch mode on channel 2 and Mark IV mode on channel 3. Dial them in smoothly. Use your neck pickup for leads. Add an overdrive like the BB preamp or even a TubeScreamer in front of channel 2. Add a little delay and smooth chorus in the loop. That's what I do when playing Vai or Satch.

Steve Vai on Cry Machine song and Tender Surrender...Satch on Ice 9...How Can i Get There...? :mrgreen:

eudaimonia02912 said:

Steve Vai on Cry Machine song and Tender Surrender...Satch on Ice 9...How Can i Get There...? :mrgreen:

You can get the older SV tones with a overdrive and crunch mode with delay in the loop (marshall type sound). Mark 1 mode will be the closest to the carvin legacy smooth sound. As far as using a "neck pickup for lead" ive heard that a lot. But really listen to the solos...its pretty easy to tell when steve or joe (or anyone else) will go from the neck to the bridge and vice versa. Dont limit yourself...

Shaner30 said:
You can get the older SV tones with a overdrive and crunch mode with delay in the loop (marshall type sound). Mark 1 mode will be the closest to the carvin legacy smooth sound. As far as using a "neck pickup for lead" ive heard that a lot. But really listen to the solos...its pretty easy to tell when steve or joe (or anyone else) will go from the neck to the bridge and vice versa. Dont limit yourself...

This ^ is true. Those guys go back and forth between neck and bridge but most of the fast "shreading" is neck.

Back