How to buy or make a shorting jack for my B channel on amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanezgtr

Reaction score
I just found out that on my Simul class 2:90 I have not had any speaker load out of channel B and that I could blow the transformer or tubes. I need a shorting jack to plug into one of the speaker outs on channel B. Any ideas where to buy one, just the 1/4 inch plug? I don't have a solder iron to make one from a speaker cable. I feel like I can't use my amp until I fix this. Please help.

Hmmm.... I occasionally do the same thing with my 2:90/Triaxis set up. I'm interested to see what the answer is on this. I normally just keep the volume all the way down.

I don't think it is too big of a deal as long as you keep the volume at zero and the presence all the way up like the manual says. To prevent motorboating or oscillation. I have been doing this for 5 years and have never had a problem. Marcus from mesa boogie made me worry after talking to him about it. If you look at the Road king it has the shorting jack connected to it for this reason.

Latest posts

Back