How Noisey are your Dual Recs?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boogieslide

Reaction score
On channels 2 and 3 in Vintage or Modern mode my Dual Rec is pretty noisey. High gain noise.
Is this normal? And if so, how do you guys control it?

My Tverb really wasn't noisey at all. And my 5150II isn't until you get to 7 or so on the pregain, but even that it isn't too bad.

My old 2 Channel is very quiet, but my 3 Channel was very noisy on Ch. 2 and 3. I think Mesa did a much better job on the Road King. After getting rid of my 3 Channel, I replaced it with the RK and was really impressed with how much less noise. i tried new tubes and power tubes and 13 different guitars, but it still seemed noisy. not as noist as my old block logo 5150. That sucker would amplify a lightbulb from my neighbors house.

Yeah, I know 5150s are usually pretty noisey. Mine is pretty quiet though since I got it modded by FJA.
Its been a while since I owned a noise gate....just not sure I want to go down that road again. They are a pain, but maybe I never had a really good one.

My Boogies were all very quiet until I plug in an external power supply to my stomp boxes or I step on my Tubescreamer. Other than that, it's pretty quiet and I can easily play without a noise gate..... I can't say that about any other tube amp (with distortion) that I've ever owned.

My 3 channel is surprisingly quiet, even with 3 pedals in my chain, each being powered by a daisy chained 9V adapter....

A noise gate is still a good thing to have, as at high volumes, feedback can occur, but otherwise, quiet amps for the amount of gian they put out.

Other than some hum I usually run 3-4 pedals constantly, two of them stacked OD's and I rarely have a problem.. just ambient hum.

There are lots of variables... distance from amp, cables, power, etc.

boogieslide said:
On channels 2 and 3 in Vintage or Modern mode my Dual Rec is pretty noisey. High gain noise.
Is this normal? And if so, how do you guys control it?

My Tverb really wasn't noisey at all. And my 5150II isn't until you get to 7 or so on the pregain, but even that it isn't too bad.

WHAT?!?!?!!?

My road king is silent even on high gain, unless you really crank it you can hear it when your not playing, but at normal volume you dont hear a thing. Different story when Plug in my tuner through the slave out and my delay through the FX Loop, both powered together by a Dunlop DC Power Brick. All sorts of unwanted noise...cant seem to figure it out

Jef

My 3 channel is pretty quiet.

I had a 5150 before haha, the dual recto is totally silent compared to that monster :lol:

hmmm, all these responses is making me wonder if something is wrong?

I replaced a JJ in V1 with a Telefunken today. Same noise level. I'll have to go through all the tubes and see if there is an issue there.
I was going to drop a quad of Mesa 6L6s I have in there, but **** it I can only find 3 of them :(
I had two in my pedalboard case as back ups when we were gigging. Found one more in the pile-o-stuff, but one seems to have walked away.

Just buy a boss ns-2 or an isp decimator and don't ever worry about noise again. The decimator won't colr your tone if you are worried about that and I run a boss ns-2 because it seems to add some low mids to my tone and I really to run a boost in it's fx loop.

Latest posts

Back