How much for IIC+ Coli

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiac272

Reaction score
Hey

How much you think a IIC+ coli should go for? SC, and Non SC GEQ and reverb head.

thanks
scott

Hi Scott,

i thought it was hard to give a quote one those rare Amps. Even Dumble Amps reaches prices some would pay other not. The last IIC+ Boogies went quite high on Ebay. So that will also push the Coliseum Amps. Personally i think $5k. But i won't low ball the prices or value of this Amps. Still it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it. If i remember right several years ago a IIC+ went for something above $4000 on the bay. It was a KRG Head non Simul non Hardwood. And the condition was pretty nice. So i think i'm not mistaken with my quote.

Did you find one? :)

my purchase was a "right place,right time" deal for sure...the amp was within driving distance and the seller allowed me to visit his shop and test it out-I had contacted him and agreed to buy it because the auction time was running out/and he agreed to refund if it wasn't a +...it worked out,and that was cool bc the BIN was 4000-a lot of folks backed off..scared to bid if it was, in fact, not a +-the seller didnt know about the effects loop test,etc...I didn't share my info,either!I was able to buy mine for much less than the BIN ,partly because there was no "bidding war"...and because a few of my fellow board members were at work that day!
-If the seller would have been more informed about the +, he would have had some bidders, and it all worked in my adv.
-so, where are these Coli's you speak of?????hmmmmmm???? :D :D

LOL, yes I found a IIC+ coli, :shock: :D K411, has GEQ, limit knob, black tolex head. Mike B. has no RA# with this one, but he figured it's an original IIC+ ...98% chance he figured. I talked to the owner, I haven't seen pics yet, so it may not even exist, but it's worth checking into. Even if its perfect, its gonna need $200-$250 in new caps and update from Mike B. hmmm

scott

Hey Scott,

It's definitely worth checking out. I don't think I've read where anyone has anything bad to say about these amps. I can tell you that I love mine. I can't see you regretting it.

Hope it works out for you!!

Juan

ok yeah, thanks guys! this is the second one I have seen for sale, and the other one was asking $8K. crazy

scott

Scott, go and try this baby out. Definitly worth playing one of those monster.

About that crazy Europe Coliseum on Ebay, i wasn't really shocked about the price. IIC+'s usually go up to 4500 Euro! The last one i saw was a DRGX Hardwood Combo for 4000 Euro here in Germany. But's that usually for Amps. If you buy a Guitar or an Amp from the US, after shipping and VAT to Europe you almost pay the same price in Euro. So if a IIC+ in the US fetch $3-$4k you will have to pay the same money after you receive it here. That's why the Boogie Gear is so "expensive" in Europe. No reason for someone calling $13k for his Coliseum. But hopefully you understand our position and don't call European Boogie Fan's crazy if they pay 3000€ ($4200) for a new standard Mark V Head :roll: . Same seller also got two nice Hardwood HRGX IIC+'s he already sold for $4k. That's pushing the IIC+ market again.
So Scott, get it before it's gone. Bring it back to the Boogie Family! :wink:

Hey SpongeRob,

yeah you are right, they do sell for a sh!t ton more in europe than they do in USA. Even second hand in Europe they sell so much more. If you sell person to person do you need to add the VAT? I saw that hardwood HRGX from the same seller. That thing nearly gave me a hardwood head shell. I wasn't calling boogie fans in Europe crazy, I was saying the asking price was, and I think it went unsold. I'm not gonna knock any buyer for paying over the top money for something they gotta have. God knows I've overpaid for stuff, but that's what happens when you are faced with a beautiful set of twins that you have to play captain and do the motorboat with. (all figurative of course). :wink: I'm thinking about it...

scott

Hi Scott,

VAT only if you buy from the US. So if i buy in the US i have to add shipping costs, + Customs fee something about 5% and VAT. Here in Germany 19% in some other countries more than 20%. And if you buy from a dealer selling US products he will also add his profit. That's why a new Mark V Head is 3000€. And those old stuff like a IIC+ is going for far more! Like i said, a year ago someone was selling a DRGX Hardwood Combo for 4000€ ($5600). So 2800€ ($4000) seems pretty reasonable for a HRGX Hardwood here. $13k was far above! But $8k for a Hardwood Coliseum in Europe is still over the normal prices but if someone really fell in love with such a Piece, why not? So in that way, Europe is crazy with their prices ^^. Seeing Mark V's for $2k makes me wanna live in the US. :mrgreen: Oh and the gasoline prices! :wink: Here one Gallon is about 6 Euro ($8,50). 8)
Keep us updated with this Coliseum :wink:

Back