How much for an MC90

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackio

Reaction score
I have just put a new celestion gold in my LSS. I have only had 30 minutes to play it, and in the flat (sorry Colin. Colin is my neighbour and likes the mellower end of the jazz spectrum. I dont so much), and am impressed. I read lots of comments on here, and the interweb, and thought I would give the alnico thing a go.

Lots have recommended this speaker for the LSS. I was worried it would be over-bright, but it isn't. My tele in open G through channel 2 medium gain is a great sound...can you have smooth gritty sounds? The strat sounds clearer and more stratty. And my dinner was hotter and more full of flavour. It was a chilli with rice.
Looking forwards to getting it wound up with the band. I think it will cut through more without being shrill. We will see...So, how much for the old black shaddow I took out? :?:
J

I'm curious about this too. I replaced mine with a G12H Heritage Series.

It made me realise how well the LSS was originally designed by Mesa. The amp simply sounded like crap at first with the new speaker. It wasn't until I replaced the Mesa tubes with Mullard 12AX7 long-plate reissues and EL84s that it started to sound like I wanted to. With the C90 those same tubes didn't do anything for me, as well as a bunch of different brands I tried in both pre-amp and power sections -including NOS Mullards. I ended up putting back the original Mesa tubes and it all sounded great again.

Now with the G12H "Greenback" every different tube I tried made a big difference in sound. I'm actually really happy with those Mullard reissues, I thought I had thrown my money away.

Back