How much do I love my Mark III red stripe?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmanick

Reaction score
3 weeks ago this was my rig
DSCN1652.jpg

Now today this is what I'm down to :D
DSCN1753.jpg

The mark III is giving me what I wanted out of my Rectoverb (and I couldn't quite get (almost)) and it's giving me a much fuller warmer more natural tone than my JSX (which I have been madly in love with for the past year). :cry:
I had a buddy of mine over this past weekend and we a/b'ed the mark III against the JSX and the Mark III was just more of what I wanted all the way around. Much smoother and thicker tone, not compressed and for lack of a better term, the gain on it sounds much more "natural" and un processed.
We a/b'ed it against his 2 channel blackface Dual Recto and He actually liked my Mark III better. (we're both heavily into shred so the lead tone out of the Mark III just dominated the other amps). My Mark was much smoother sounding than his Recto (no boost pedals used here during this).
Now he's on the lookout for mark III for himself.
I wish I had discovered that I'd gel so well with this amp a long time ago.
Now I can't wait to see what the mark V is going to be all about. :D
and thanks to all the board members for the tips and answers to my questions while I was on my search :D
(guitars if anyone is wondering left to right )
Ibanez 7620 with an oiled neck and a BK Miracleman in the bridge, Duncan Jazz in the neck
Carvin DC727(my baby) BK nailbomb/Coldsweat combo
solid quilted maple custom GMW superstrat
Jackson USA Sl2H-mah soloist.

Where are you running your presence? At rehearsal tonight I found it necessary to turn my blue stripe's presence down to about 2.

Latest posts

Back