How long did you have to wait (Mark V)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacko123

Reaction score
Hey guys, it's been 28 long days and 28 long nights since I've ordered my Mark V combo. I'm just curious as to how long YOU had to wait after ordering your Mark V.

:D I called a (somewhat) nearby Mesa dealer and they had one in stock and shipped it via UPS that day.... I had it the next day! :D

3 weeks tops. I just happend to call Mesa Hollywood after someone had cancelled on a combo, so I got it 3 weeks or so later, from the first run. I was quite pleased. Possible the best guitar related purchase I have ever made. The amp is a god send........

Bought mine a week ago. Called the nearest Mesa dealer and they had a combo and a head version on the floor. They said they received both about three weeks prior. I drove the two and half hours to them to check them out.I called the next day and told them I wanted the head. The store was in another state than I live in so they shipped it to me to avoid their state taxes (saved me about two hundred dollars) which took UPS over night to get it to my house. I was amazed they had these two Mark V's and also a Electradyne since they are not a big store in a small town, I felt pretty lucky! Point being if you want one start calling the Mesa dealers some have them.

I was quite lucky. I only waited a little over 2 weeks. The shop was gonna order one direct from Mesa which at that time I believe the waiting list was 8 to 10 weeks, but they found a head in another state and had that shipped.

The only time I was really glad I went with a big chain store as I usually try to stick with the local shops. But none of them carry Mesa amps.

New developments. Just for the heck of it, I visited my shop (Long & McQuade) an hour ago to see if there were any heads in the system - I know they transfer between stores free of charge. I had ordered a combo 4 weeks ago, but since started building a 2x12 vertical cab. I decided that it might be a good idea to get a head now instead.

My guy found 3 in Ontario (I'm in New Brunswick). The first store he called has had a head for 5 days. I cancelled my combo order and placed it on the head instead. My guy expects the head to be here next week! It's a little too good to be true, but we'll see. Now the pressure is on to finish the friggin' cab!

Thanks for sharing your experiences guys.

I waited 8 weeks. GC said it would be 8 weeks and Boogie told me 8 weeks, so no problem.

I admire you guys for your patience as when it comes to music gear I cannot tolerate ANY delay at all and every day it takes is sheer agony. I must say that if I could apply the energy and will power I've used to aquire gear when I want it to other aspects of my life then I'd be a lot further ahead than I am now.

www.myspace.com/kamikazekits
www.myspace.com/rocks1977

3 months so far, it didn't help me that I am having both the head and a vertical 2x12 cab done in bubinga.
Yes that is a bit over the top but i figure I will have this amp for years to come so why not go top shelf.

TheOath

Local Mom & Pop had one on the floor. I went in there to pick up a hot plate for my Roadster head, and wound up going back a week later and buying the Mark V.

phyrexia said:
jan 14: ordered custom combo
june 18: received custom combo

I win so far :lol:

Lame!

I had the information in february 2008 and reserved the first one in germany immediately
received my custom head august 27th 2009

EPIC WIN !!!! :lol:

niilz said:
phyrexia said:

Lame!

I had the information in february 2008 and reserved the first one in germany immediately

Do you have a picture of your amp?

Jim Ed Love said:
niilz said:
phyrexia said:

Lame!

Do you have a picture of your amp?

Well, I do not have really good pictures of my amp but you can see it in the "Live" photo galerie on my band's myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/retainmusic

maybe this one:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=428537813&albumID=1430770&imageID=18954809

l_069899663f1e4f87941dbb40841746f7.jpg

or this:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...ID=428537813&albumID=1430770&imageID=19088616

l_ed078aad4f5145a4a04bd9249cc1d481.jpg

...as well as in the short rehearsalroom video on our myspace video channel.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=63997795

4-5 months. Ordered Jan 2009, got it late April, or early May, don't remember exactly. Took it back though, but now I'm considering getting one again (and keeping it). Looks like I'll have to wait again though. Probably should wait till after NAMM.

Back