How does petrucci get that.......

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold my Triaxis because it's too buzzy at high gain settings and the mark sounds felt stiff and the interaction was not as good as a mark III and IV that I compared it too .(with 20/20 and 2/90).
I bought a Road king and find it much better ,sustains more at lower gain with all the same gear that I had before and it nails JP tone easily.

18&Life said:
If Triaxis can't exactly nail MarkIV and MarkIIC+ tones it's a matter of feeling, our brains hear different things from each other.
TO ME triaxis can nail it but better, it's programmable . :wink:

yeah right sombra, who do you think you're kidding? the triaxis can't nail the mark IIC+ or mark IV tone.. It's the triaxis - not the mark IV/IIC+

The constant motion tone is a tight tone, but not too agressive I think he's using the IIC+ for the rhythm and mark IV for the lead. When you turn the mk IV up loud it starts getting ridiculously tight and really aggressive and it's just like his lead tone. The mark IIC+ doesn't get that agressive, so i think it's his rhythm tone.

If you want to get some petrucci tones, I think you should sell your triaxis rig and get a mark IV, find someone to trade.

Nick_cor said:
18&Life said:
If Triaxis can't exactly nail MarkIV and MarkIIC+ tones it's a matter of feeling, our brains hear different things from each other.
TO ME triaxis can nail it but better, it's programmable . :wink:

yeah right sombra, who do you think you're kidding? the triaxis can't nail the mark IIC+ or mark IV tone.. It's the triaxis - not the mark IV/IIC+

The constant motion tone is a tight tone, but not too agressive I think he's using the IIC+ for the rhythm and mark IV for the lead. When you turn the mk IV up loud it starts getting ridiculously tight and really aggressive and it's just like his lead tone. The mark IIC+ doesn't get that agressive, so i think it's his rhythm tone.

If you want to get some petrucci tones, I think you should sell your triaxis rig and get a mark IV, find someone to trade.

The rhythms are Mk IV and the leads are a boosted IIC+, the leads sound nasally (in a good way), give away.

Latest posts

Back