How do I know if I have a 60 or 100 watt IIC+ Simul-Class?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyeJones

Reaction score
Sorry for another Newbie question, but I was looking at adding a Tone Tubby H-Bomb 2x12, and I wanted to know what my output in Watts was on my 2C+ Simul-Class.

Thank you for your help.
Tye

Pictures would help.

How many power tubes does it have? If it has 2 then you have a 60W. If it has 4 then you either have a 60/100 (there will be a switch on the back right or on the front right for 60/100RMS) or a Simul-Class (switch is in same place except the options are Class A or Simul-Class). In Simul I believe it's 100W and I'm not sure how much wattage comes out of Class A but I want to say it's 60W. I'm sure someone will reply to correct me if my assumption is wrong.

It has 2x EL34 and 2x 6L6 with a Simul-Class / Class A switch on the back Right side.

I do not see a 100/60 switch anywhere.
It is an export power supply with 100/117/200/220/230/240.

thanks for the help.

SimulClass amps have no 100/60 watt switch. 15 watts in class A (only the EL34s in the outside sockets are on), 75 watts in SimulClass (15 from El34 pair, plus 60 watts from 6L6 pair in inner tube sockets)...or something like that. The IIC maual doesn't specify total watts in SimulClass, but the MkIII manual does.

acorkos said:
SimulClass amps have no 100/60 watt switch. 15 watts in class A (only the EL34s in the outside sockets are on), 75 watts in SimulClass (15 from El34 pair, plus 60 watts from 6L6 pair in inner tube sockets)...or something like that. The IIC maual doesn't specify total watts in SimulClass, but the MkIII manual does.
If it's like the Mark IV, then the maximum output is 85 watts and the minimum is 30 watts.

I'm assuming it'll be the same on the IIC+, so with Class A/Triode it should be at 30 watts, and on SimulClass/Pentode it should be 85 watts. Dunno about the other stuff like Class A/Pentode and SimulClass/Triode, but it will be between 30 and 85.

In a Simulclass C+ (other than a Coliseum model) your wattage will be:

Simulclass mode- 75 watts

Class A mode- 15 watts

And that has to be the loudest 15 watt amp that I have ever heard. :twisted:

Just curious....does your amp have the presence knob located on the front?

Joey B. is correct. 75/15 watts. You can be Simul-Class, or 60/100. Never both. Never.

Latest posts

Back