How can i get a close petrucci tone on a mark v?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All of my electrics have pickups JP uses or has used, and my main guitar is a JP6, so that helps for me too.

But I guess to be more helpful, a good starting place is to make a V on the graphic EQ, pentode mode, channel 3 Mark IV mode, 90 watts, bass at 930, mids at 12, treb at 130, gain at 230, master and presence to taste. Try adding or cutting mids, adding more treble, and try messing around with the amount of scoop on the V.

^^^ This is pretty much what I do.

Mark IV, Pentode, Bass at 9 and Gain at 3. Treb, Pres, Mast somewhere near the middle. EQ ON! and in a V shape. Oh, and 90 watts!!!

visualrocker69 said:
MusicManJP6 said:
Well, I have a Mystic Dream JP6 guitar and I can pretty much nail his tones with my Mark V.

I bet that Mystic Dream paint makes all the difference :D

it definitely does! :lol:

i've been going back and forth between triode and pentode on ch3 iic+. i like triode best for rhythm. there's just something special to that gain pattern if you get the gain and presence settings just right.

wezzley said:
visualrocker69 said:
MusicManJP6 said:
Well, I have a Mystic Dream JP6 guitar and I can pretty much nail his tones with my Mark V.

I bet that Mystic Dream paint makes all the difference :D

it definitely does! :lol:

i've been going back and forth between triode and pentode on ch3 iic+. i like triode best for rhythm. there's just something special to that gain pattern if you get the gain and presence settings just right.

Yea man, the presence can make or break the tone.

hey guys, im new to the forum and recently a proud owner of a mark v..I was thinking that maybe petrucci adds some extra balls to the rythm with the tube screamer or whatever his using now, dont you think it could be posible?

rika_gd said:
hey guys, im new to the forum and recently a proud owner of a mark v..I was thinking that maybe petrucci adds some extra balls to the rythm with the tube screamer or whatever his using now, dont you think it could be posible?

I'm not sure when or how he uses his Keeley modified Tube Screamer or his Zak Wylde Overdrive.

with a noise reductor and the gain of the amp and pedal set at noon, maybe its possible to get that holy grail tone

Latest posts

Back