Hotplate

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnatex

Reaction score
i have a chance to get a THD Hotplate 8 ohm for an amazing price.

ok i have a DR and a JCM 900 1960a cab that can be ran at 4 or 16 ohms mono or 8 ohms stereo. i was wondering if it would be safe to run my DR at 8 ohms in it and use both speaker outs on the HP running to my cabtwo stereo jacks?

No, you only use the two outputs on the hotplate if you are connecting to Two 16 Ohm cabs.

The only safe way to do your set up, would be to run 8 ohm out of your rec into the 8 ohm hot plate, take one output from the hotplate and run it into the 16 ohm option on the marshall cab.

Or if you only want to use two speakers in your cab (good for reducing volume and getting more speaker breakup) run the DR into the hot plate into one side of the speaker cab set at 8 ohms.

Remember it is always safe to run the output of your amp into a higher ohm, actually it will put less wear and tear on your tubes and amp because it will be running a bit cooler.

xnatex said:
i have a chance to get a THD Hotplate 8 ohm for an amazing price.

ok i have a DR and a JCM 900 1960a cab that can be ran at 4 or 16 ohms mono or 8 ohms stereo. i was wondering if it would be safe to run my DR at 8 ohms in it and use both speaker outs on the HP running to my cabtwo stereo jacks?

Latest posts

Back