hooking two cabs to my rkII?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mrd said:
The proper way is to run BOTH cabs into either the two 4 ohms jacks in speaker A OR the two 4 ohm jacks in speaker B OR, 1 EACH into the 8ohm jacks in speaker A + B.

+1

Fcal124 said:
Hey, at least their techs answer the phone right away. I wonder how many times they were asked this question?
It's amazing how there is nothing in the manual at all about hooking up a RKII head to a RKII cab.
Oh well, can't have everything................

RTFM.
Page 12, and...
Six pages at the end, explaining speaker cab hookups in embarrassing detail.

MrMarkIII said:
Fcal124 said:
Hey, at least their techs answer the phone right away. I wonder how many times they were asked this question?
It's amazing how there is nothing in the manual at all about hooking up a RKII head to a RKII cab.
Oh well, can't have everything................

RTFM.
Page 12, and...
Six pages at the end, explaining speaker cab hookups in embarrassing detail.

Yeah, but you show me where it tells you how to use the A B option.
It's very clear on how to hook up to one channel, but NOWHERE in that manual is there anything about using the Road King cabinet or how to use the A/B option with 2 8 ohm cabinets. This discussion isn't about running 2 8 ohm cabinets at the same time (2 4 ohm outputs into 2 8 ohm cabs), it's about the RKII ability to switch back and forth between 2 8 ohm cabs or use the simultaneously (did I spell that right)

For those of us with the A/B option, we're not idiots. The manual does a great job of explaining one channel operation into dual cabinets and triple cabinets.
OK, I have 2 8ohm cabs hooked up to 2 4ohm outputs GREAT, now I only want to use 1 cab (only a RK option). That leaves me with 1 8 ohm cab hooked into 1 4 ohm output. There's the confusion.

Sorry for the rant.................

Fcal124 is correct. Like i said above, in the Roadking manual it tells you how to hook up a regular recto to speaker cabs, but not the roadking. But we got it figured out now. l8er

Back