Homebrew Cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunda1216

Reaction score
Boredom set in. Too much time on my hands, too many spare parts lying around, here's what I came up with for my Heartbreaker head:

06-29-10_2008.jpg

06-29-10_2007.jpg

Solid oak construction thiele design - the scorpion sounds *killer* with the Heartbreaker!

I think I'll build another for a killer setup

ty

that looks great! Awesome job.
I love the finger joints, I wish I could get my hands on a machine that does that.

****. Really beautiful. I need to start working with wood or something. I want to get a wood enclosure for my head and 2 matching wood thieles. That oak is nice.

Very nice. I made something like that years ago for an old 15" JBL I had lying around, although it wasn't as sophisticated as your Thiele design.

I also totally agree about the Scorpion, it's a very under-rated speaker, just like the amps it was mostly fitted in!

I also have a scorpon...It does a fat, smooth dirty tone and handles high gain situations well.

Great job on the cab! I also did up a homebrew cab, but not as nice looking as this one. Stuff like this really helps one to learn where their tone comes from and why!

I used it in a live situation today with the Heartbreaker. Really awesome tone in a small venue. It sounded like a much larger cab. Excellent bass response, and overdrive distortion was surprising! The Scorpion sounded great in this cab, either clean or dirty. With the next cab, I think that with the solid oak construction I will be able to omit some of the internal bracing included with the original Thiele plans. Should lighten up the cab a bit.

Latest posts

Back