holy hell!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theweatherman

Reaction score
i cant believe i bought a mark V. i was fooled by all the hype i guess. the dyne blows it away. i don't wanna bash the mark V, it is a good amp, and some people must like it, but for me i can't see how it is better than the dyne. The cleans are better, the crunch is better and the hi gain is better on the dyne. and what i mean by better is it is thicker, fuller, more thump, and more toneful, at least to my ears. the mark V has a touch more gain, but it is weak and thin sounding. for leads though, the mark V has the dyne beat IMO. but for everything else the dyne wins hands down. i have tried so hard to like the V. some of my favorite bands use mark series amps. (pennywise, metallica, Nofx, Offspring). oh well, i guess the V has to go, i'm a dyne man.

some of my favorite bands use mark series amps. (pennywise, metallica, Nofx, Offspring)
Can you get close to those bands gain wise with the Dyne.

Keep both.

While I admit my mark IV collects dust a lot of the time, I still love it!

Don't worry, your not the only one who made a mistake. I just sold my Stiletto which I wanted to love, but can't compair to the tone love I have for the Electra Dyne.

theweatherman said:
i cant believe i bought a mark V. i was fooled by all the hype i guess. the dyne blows it away. i don't wanna bash the mark V, it is a good amp, and some people must like it, but for me i can't see how it is better than the dyne. The cleans are better, the crunch is better and the hi gain is better on the dyne. and what i mean by better is it is thicker, fuller, more thump, and more toneful, at least to my ears. the mark V has a touch more gain, but it is weak and thin sounding. for leads though, the mark V has the dyne beat IMO. but for everything else the dyne wins hands down. i have tried so hard to like the V. some of my favorite bands use mark series amps. (pennywise, metallica, Nofx, Offspring). oh well, i guess the V has to go, i'm a dyne man.

It takes a little skill to dial in a Mark, otherwise it can sound weak/fizzy. The ED's are plug and play.

wicked1 said:
some of my favorite bands use mark series amps. (pennywise, metallica, Nofx, Offspring)
Can you get close to those bands gain wise with the Dyne.

oh yeah. the gain range on the dyne is all usable. i actually don't even need to use it all when playing. i can do pennywise, nofx, offspring easy. metallica is doable but lets face it...metallica was meant to be played with mark amps.

primal said:
Keep both.

While I admit my mark IV collects dust a lot of the time, I still love it!

ha ya i wish! some day id like to own a Mark IV, that was my favorite mode on the V.

Scary said:
theweatherman said:

It takes a little skill to dial in a Mark, otherwise it can sound weak/fizzy. The ED's are plug and play.

true, they are lots of work to dial in, i read the manual through twice, used example settings etc. it still sounded weak and thin, the fizz i could dial out though. it's a great amp if you mainly play metal and like to dabble with other styles.

The amps are so different there's hardly a point in comparing the two. They are both excellent amplifiers.

Latest posts

Back