Holy Grail?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicbox

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good reverb pedal to add some space to my sound. I'll eventually add a delay and whatnot, but the reverb seems like a good place to start. Anyone have any experience with the electro harmonix holy grail? Most of the clips I've heard sound pretty darn good, but is there anything else out there that can do the spring thing well, and not cost a fortune?

edit: I need something that can totally drench the tone...beyond surf. My guitar in a cathedral kind of thing, for letting chords ring out.

Seems I remember hearing a few good things about a Danelectro spring verb pedal...?

Read the harmony central reviews... they have a terrible high pitched whining problem after a few months of use that when it starts happening, the pedal is useless to you. I wanted to buy this pedal so bad so many times but everytime I demo it, it has a horrible hiss or that horrible whine sound.

It's such a great pedal, I wish EHX would get off their *** and fix it.

Try the Verbzilla from Line6 instead.

I've never had any trouble with mine. It has sounded great for me, however, I've got too many pedals (especially ones with brand specific wall warts), so I've got a couple on eBay.
Here's the link for the Holy Grail, if you're interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7402723257&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

...and also one for an 8-Band EQ pedal...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7402728201&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Congrats man!!

The pedal is on its way. I hope that you enjoy it!
Try using the "Flerb" setting along with a good delay pedal. Play with the settings a little, and you can find some pretty trippy tones.

man..this thing sounds soo good. easily better than the spring reverb on my old blue angel. just lush, and it's easy to get really insane setting with the knob cranked round. volume swells sound just unearthly. can't wait to get a pulsar and a delay to go with this! thanks alot!

Latest posts

Back