Holy grail Mark IIC + for 800$

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhoads

Reaction score
Hi Boogie family ! here the short story of my new amp !
I found in the classified ads right here in Quebec Canada a guy who want to sell is amp with this title " Mesa Boogie Mark II prototype to a Mark III " i look the ads closer and i saw a Mark IIC DRGX for 800 bucks so i call the guys and i buy the amp the same day ! i was so proud to find one at this price !

But i'm working in the north of my province and i can't play with this amp until i came back home 2 week after ! so now i'm back home since monday.

The date of my amp are 2/84 and the serial number are 12 298 !!! so i make the loop test
and ... I'm a big winner, it pass the loop test ! i have a Mark IIC + DRGX the holy grail for 800 $ :lol: , can you believed that ?

i don't have the + on the top of the power chord i just have a black dot ???

I have send a E-mail to Mesa about this amp to know why the Black dot and i'm waiting for the reply !

Here some picture of the amp !

MesaBoogieAVendre1.jpg

MesaBoogieAVendre3.jpg

DSCN1569.jpg

DSCN1570.jpg

DSCN1574.jpg

DSCN1580.jpg

And short video of the loop test ! sorry for my poor english (i speak french)

http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g326/Rhoads76/?action=view&current=trim72mYvN.mp4

and a big thanks to GTS to have take the time to answer to all my question !!!

Patrick

I hate you...

Seriously though, congratulations. That is a wonderful way to acquire a special amp.

Thanks Whoopysnorp :D I don't know what i'm gonna do with this amp! if you are open to trade, you can find me the best amp ever built, The mighty " Peavey Bandit 112" and i can give you a little bit of cash for the compensation !!! :lol:

Yea good score, I got my Export Mesa Mark III combo, blue stripe, with GEQ for $250 aussie dollars, thats a score, lol

regards

Casey

I called Mike B yesterday about the black Dot, and he told me that it is absolutely a C + upgrade at the beginning
of the production of the C +, may be a month after! he was probably return to the factory by the store or
by the original owner! and at the time he did not mark all the C +, it is possible to find a C + without +
at the back of the amp or like me a black dot, but it pretty uncommon (I change the word rare here).
He told me that it was him who made the Upgrade.

Good for you. I bought a Mk IIc 100watt Simulclass, graphic EQ, reverb head and 1x12 extension EV cab for $700. Somewhere down the lane, its was converted to a +. Just ordinary working mans black tolex. It is on permanent status in our rehearsal room, and its a pleasure everytime I get to turn it on.

Go make some music my man!!! We'll expect an album from you by spring!!!!

Latest posts

Back