Hissing horn on the powerhouse 4x10/1x15

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billybass

Reaction score
New on the boogie scene but an old geezer player.
I recently bought a titanv-12 and the 4x10/1x15 cab.
The horn hisses like a snake all the time.
Is there a setting at the back that cuts it back?

Wrong section duder!! Us Rectifier folk may not be of much use :wink:

And welcome to the Board!

Anyway, is the horn always hissing or only when you play something ?

A horn can't really hiss on it's own without a signal ... have you tried a different amp ?

Horns always hiss a bit. But it's really the amp that's doing it, the horn is just allowing you to hear it, whereas a normal speaker cab doesn't.

Personally, I can't see the point for bass cabs or understand the fashion for them. You can get good full-range (by bass standards) sound - without the hiss - from conventional cone drivers, although you may need some quite small ones to get high enough. Mesa used to make a great cab that was a 15"+10"+2x6"+horn - I had one for a while, when I got it the horn wasn't working and it sounded fine. I fixed the horn and it sounded worse :).

If your cab has a horn control, turn it fully counterclockwise. If it doesn't or that doesn't make enough difference, open up the cab, disconnect one of the wires to the horn and tape it safely somewhere so it doesn't short against anything. No more hiss.

Latest posts

Back