High Pitch Ring

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

908ssp

Reaction score
I hear a high pitch ring trailing the note played. I can't tell if the ring changes pitch with the note played it is extremely high pitch very faint and rings like a bell. I don't hear it at band practice only when playing alone. Is this normal?

:?

It is on my MKIIC+ head, no eq, no reverb, direct in no pedals, gain channel or clean.

I tried switching preamp tubes around didn't make any difference.

Could be an internal power tube rattle. Try tapping your power tubes with a pencils and see if you hear the ring. Some power tubes are just internally not tight so they rattle.

I had the same noise in my Mark I head. The ring did not change pitch, almost like something was resonating. When I tapped each of the 3 month old GT6L6GE power tubes with my fingernal, I found what I thought was the culprit. When I moved the suspect tube to one of the inner sockets and switched to 60W mode, the ring was gone. Thus eliminating anything wrong with the #1 tube socket. Good Luck

its tube rattle, if the feedback continues after the guitar is cut out of the equation, then its the tube, narrow it down to wich one, tap them etc. and replace it

Latest posts

Back