hi...italian new user question.....nomad vs dual rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really up to personal preference - I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about the Nomads. People either tend to love them or hate them. As far as being a Rock vs. Metal amp, I haven't heard a Mesa amp yet that doesn't have enough gain to do either.

The thing about the Recto series is that it sounds HUGE. If you're looking for a Marshall-style tone, you're looking at the wrong amp. I love my RectoVerb, but I need to put an EQ pedal in front of it to tighten it up and get rid of some of the hugeness, or it tends to overwhelm mixes.

It all comes down to personal preference. Try out both amps, and see which one you like best. It's hard to give definite advice over the internet. The best way to make a decision is with your ears.

Personally, the nomad combo I used to have had this what I'll call "nasally" tone to it that I couldn't dial out. not my thing at all. Rectifiers are the standard IMO

I have a nomad and actually like it better than a dual or triple rec. I've only played the rect at the music store though. 55W tube is loud enough for anything. 100W not much louder. I play mellow bluesy to chevelle type stuff with my nomad.

Zakk Wylde was my inspiration to play, i play ozzy, metallica, megadeth, even metal core with my nomad. I have the head version and use it with a 2x12 recto cab.

hi

the sound is ok whit nomad to play zakk?!?
i like zakk and play whit 2203zw but for change my sound i won't try other kind of amps....

but i don't know what ampli i buy...

well i've played stuff like perry mason with it before and it sounded great. Not exactly Zakk's tone and i always get complements on my tone.

I have a Nomad 45 and love it.

Channel 3 does metal just fine.

My opinion is that if you already have several Marshalls that you will keep, and you want to get some brutal metal tones, the Dual Rectifier is a great compliment to your Marshalls. But I wouldn't necessarily buy it for its lead work abilities. I would keep your Marshalls for that.

ok,my mrshall sound are wery beautifull,but only if i play heavey and loud...

the mesa i think is beautifull alway...from volume 0.5 to volume 10....marshall only volume 5 or over.....

marshall sound good only if i put in front of them the overdrive (i use a mxr zw) andi play whit gibson les paul gothic with emg zw set....

i think that dual or nomad are most userfully,are most complete guitar ampthan marshhall....

the marshall are great amp,but they don't have clean sound...marshall are beautiful only play loud and whit gain and volume pot on 10!!!!

i mostly play at church these days in the lower gain area and clean. My nomad really shines in that area, and i can still do the metal just fine.

What kind of bands or guitarist's tone are you most looking to replicate or be inspired by?

If you want to play Zakk Wylde, I would not even buy a Rectifier. I would buy the Mesa Stilleto.

nomad100hd said:
i mostly play at church these days in the lower gain area and clean. My nomad really shines in that area, and i can still do the metal just fine.

sorry but i don't understa the sentence i can still do de metal just fine ....can you speak me this with other words?????

i have read sale annunce in this site and the mesa in america are cheaper than italy...inall italy nomad combo used price start from 1000 euro (1250 american dollar) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Elpelotero said:
What kind of bands or guitarist's tone are you most looking to replicate or be inspired by?

If you want to play Zakk Wylde, I would not even buy a Rectifier. I would buy the Mesa Stilleto.

i play music likke zakk wylde with my marshall zakk wylde,overdrive and gibson emg...i play hard rock like guns n roses and snakepit with my mrshall 2205

i love my head but they re limitaded ,i can play only this kind of usic...with this amp can't play more gain music like creed,tree dors down,ecc...ecc...

mesa boogie in italy are very expensive amp,so ican't find it easly in music shop

rectifier has lots of gain

rectifier has lots of bass

rectifier is very loud

3 channels

buy it.

combo is going to weigh like 20kg its too heavy

that price is very cheap for a dual rectifier.

hi

the dual rectifier is head and cost 400 euro + my marshall 2205 head (950euro) = 1350 euro =1700 dollar...in ebay.com the dualare cheaper but the seller don't ship in italy or ship cost are hiter (200\300 dollar)

my nomad amp really does a great low - mid gain sounds. When i want it to it has a great metal lead and rhythm sound.

nomad100hd said:
my nomad amp really does a great low - mid gain sounds. When i want it to it has a great metal lead and rhythm sound.

ok,nomad are perfect for mid and low gain but if you want nomad are ok to play metal lead with big gain...

Back