Hi everyone, first post and a question about my Boogie....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonster

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just aquired a used .50 Caliber, the EL84 version, and it appears to be pretty old. Can anyone offer assistance in helping me date the amp via the serial # - SS6648. It has only a master, vol, treb, mid, bass, verb & presence. No pull switches (at least that I can find), no parametric EQ. Very bare-bones, but punchy and chimey as all get out with my Nash T-63. Love it. Definitely EL84's. (the main reason I grabbed it) It has metal toggle switches. (yes, I did use the search function before posting this!)

Are these really from the 80's? Are they common, or not? Thanks for the help! The amp is dead-stock, and it my first Meas in over 35 years of playing.

:)

Can you post a Pic?
You may be able to remove the amp from the cab and see if it was dated on the chassis. It is common for the builder to write the build date on the chassis with a marker. If you do this, be aware if you touch any of the electrical components you could be killed by electrocution, especially stay clear of the compacitors!

The very first knob to the left "Gain" should be a pull switch for lead...

Latest posts

Back