Hi all - Question: Has anyone Modded a Mark IIC to a '+'?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReyDigital

Reaction score
Greetings to everyone in the community.
I own a Mark IIC. I've been thinking of modifying it to a "+"
With that in mind, has anyone done the MOD and found themselves unsatisfied?
Thanks in advance!
))R* :D

3311962458_34642c204d.jpg

Much of that answer depends on the style of music the individual plays. I bought a IIC intending to upgrade, but it fit well with my style so I opted not to.

What do you play? A C+ can cover most styles, but if you're not into heavy stuff, you may not like the results. Everything I've heard says the upgrade will change the amp. You could also buy a C+ and keep the one you like best! :D

dodger916 said:
Much of that answer depends on the style of music the individual plays. I bought a IIC intending to upgrade, but it fit well with my style so I opted not to.

What do you play? A C+ can cover most styles, but if you're not into heavy stuff, you may not like the results. Everything I've heard says the upgrade will change the amp. You could also buy a C+ and keep the one you like best! :D

I had a mishap with my IIC about 15 years ago and sent it to the factory. I called and talked to them, and the guy I talked with told me about the C+ upgrade, but did say it would change the sound around. I've always been a little bit more on the heavy side, and I've even read a few people say they thought the regular C might have more "balls" in the lead channel. Don't know about that so much. Have heard people say that the regular C has a harsh lead sound, but if you know how to use that little thing called the EQ, that can quickly be taken care of. Honestly - I've never noticed a "harsh" sound out of mind at all! Pretty much nothing but happiness...

I told them no. I've always loved how mine sounded, and wouldn't change a thing about it.

The amp on the picture have the C+ faceplate, with Pull deep above the master1 knob.

Did you do the loop test?
And What is the serial#

C+ is much heavier and smoother, from everything I've read. Never played a regular C, but I can agree that my C+ is very smooth and has tons of gain.

check this website: http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html

Elpelotero said:
C+ is much heavier and smoother, from everything I've read. Never played a regular C, but I can agree that my C+ is very smooth and has tons of gain.

check this website: http://homepage.mac.com/mesaboogie/welcome.html

After talking to the guy at Boogie, he said the C+ might not have quite as much gain - that's the main reason I didn't do it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQf5eiWfwv8

I'm happy with the tone. All guitars are the IIC with the master volume on 0 and a 57 over one of the Celestions. Just don't report the video to all of the companies. :D

gts said:
Empty Uranus said:
All guitars are the IIC with the master volume on 0 and a 57 over one of the Celestions.

Ok it's my limited vocabulary which said huh??
Please clarify

All guitars are the IIC?
What does that mean? The IIC is an amp in my vocabulary.

Master volume 0 (of a IIC) means there is nothing coming out of the amp?

A 57? What's a 57?
And what does having it "over one of the celestions" mean?
(I'm assuming the celestion is a speaker perhaps a C90).

Mk IIC, master volume was actually on 0 - as quiet as it will get (my wife would clip my baby makers if I let that thing breathe at 1am, dude!), 4x12 Boogie cab, 2 Black Shadows, 2 Celestions - just miced 1 Celestion at close range with a Shure SM 57.

Latest posts

Back