Hey there

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katsumura78

Reaction score
Just want to say hi to everyone on this forum. I signed up today after reading a lot of stuff on here for a while now. I hope to get a mesa by the end of November but besides that I`ll keep reading all the info you have on these amps. Thanks.

From everything I`ve read I`m thinking RK or Mark 4. I like to play anything Dream Theater and I know Petrucci has used both. I`m a fan of Killswitch and Trivium. Metallica is just fun to play. Tool is pretty sweet too. I saw them in Tampa like 3 days ago.

Yeah, you definitely got the right mentality. I would say Mark4 all the way for you, except for the Tool part.

You can play Tool on any amp, but it really sounds best with a Rectifier-based rig. It will still get heavy on the Mark4 though.

Welcome! Tool definately sounds best on a Dual Rectifier. If your considering a Rk think about a two rig system with a DR and a Mark III or IV.

DQ

Sounds great thanks. When the time comes for me to buy a mark I`ll ask a lot of question about both versions of the mark 4. I know petrucci is using it for the new album that comes out Tuesday ( I cant wait ) but from the pics that they have on roadrunnerrecords and on his website can you tell which version it is ? I want to know the difference between both versions.

Adam Jones is not even using a Boogie amp live anymore. :(

Although I hear John Petrucci has switched back to Mark IVs. :)

Latest posts

Back