Hey Roadster owners --> get in here <--

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
Tell me about your Roadster!!! How does it sound compared to a Dual Rectifier?

What cab are you using with your Roadster? Ive heard the Roadster's distortion channels are warmer/darker than the dual rectifier and sound tooo bassy on a Recto 4x12 cab. Is this true? Should I consider the Stiletto cab instead?

By the way, what tubes do you have in your Roadster?

I stuff like Staind, Alter Bridge, Breaking Benjamin, Tool, etc...

I got the chance to A/B the oversized recto cab with my traditional recto cab , which I believe to be the one called the Stiletto now, on my triple recto. I must say I am very glad I went for the smaller one because the low end is tighter and more punchy if you ask me. Too much "woof" in the big one for my taste. In a live situation or studio for that matter I dont need that kind of bottom. I also thought that the sound was crisper, clearer and more defined on my cab. But the best thing would of course be to do what I did and A/B if you get the chance :wink:

This is my experience...I prefer the Traditional (Stiletto) 4x12 cabs...What vitriol666 said is correct, they are tighter and more focused, BUT...With that said, I recently purchased a Standard (Recto) 4x12 and it crushes as well...At practice or bedroom volumes, it's hard to dial out that low end "woof", but at stage volumes, it sounds amazing!...Huge!...And I find it much easier to dial in a good tone...It's all subjective, but I know when I use to try them out in music stores I would always say, "man, that's way to bassy or flabby to me", but playing them live is WAY different...I still love the Stiletto cabs , but I have a new found respect for the Recto's as well...Just my two cents...

With a little thought, I would get the Stiletto cab...Even though it doesn't have as much low end as the Recto, your amp still has that low end, know what I mean?...So, I would get the Stiletto my friend.

I have had several Recto's and loved them all...The RS distortion is even better IMO...When I say better I mean that it's still a Recto, but a bit warmer and smoother (check my other Roadster posts)...The difference is quite minimal, but enough for me to detect (I could be just crazy too, which is very possible, lol)...Not sure if other RS owners feel the same way, but I hear it.

I've never owned a Dual Rectifier Solo head to give you a fair comparison. I can tell you that I really like the different distortions you can get from the Roadster though.

Ciao ...

Back