Hey, new here and seeking knowledge :D

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bustafoot

Reaction score
Hey,

Im new to mesa boogie, and even newer to this board.
I tried out a dual rectifier a couple of months ago, and fell in love imeadiately. Since i have been trying to get a hold one, but it has been difficult with the prices these guys have!

Finally, i have been offered a rectifier for a quite cheap price. The thing is, im not sure of how old it is or its condition. Testing of it is out of the question since it will have to be shipped.

So my question, as the price of this dual rec, is about 1/3 of the normal price (and including a marshall 4 * 12 cab) is it worth getting? even if it might be old , and tubes and stuff will need replacing? Or should i just go for a new one? Can you hear a big difference in age with these amps, i hear that they are VERY well built and last!?

Thank anyone who will help on my first REAL AMP purchase ... hehe now im running through a 12 watt kustom (its TUBE though, and good for practicing, but i need somehting to gig with)

You will not be disappointed. I have a 20+ something year old Mark III(bought in ~85) and a 15 year old Triaxis/Simul2:90 (made in 90, it was a prototype, and recently bought used from Tim M. up at boogie) and they both are still phenomenal.

If the amp has not been abused (and sometimes even if it has) it should work fine.

Old or new, The Mesa/Boogie line IMHO is bulletproof.

chedgeco... 8)

When you say "Rectifier" they/you should clarify which one. At 1/3 the price of a new one, I'd investigate the year, condition, and specifically the model. There are Single Recs, Duals, Triples, Rectoverbs, Mavericks, etc. Alas, theres nothing wrong with an older "Rectifier", some of us prefer em!

all i know at this point is that it is a DUAL RECTIFIER, as in jus that, so not roadking or anything...

i believe the year is 1999-2000 around there fofr the amp and mid 90's for the cab

Well actually, a Roadking is in the family of Dual Rectifiers, but we'll dismiss that dream for now. It's most likely a Dual Rectifier Solo head, same year as I've got! I love mine, would'nt get rid of it for nothing! On that note, ask why he's selling it? Original owner? Original tubes? Cosmetic condition? What and where was it used for? Is it quiet? Are the pots scratchy? To answer your question though, some people say the older two channel Rectifiers are warmer sounding. You'll get more footswitching versatility with a new three channel though. Again, there is a slight tonal difference between the two and it really comes down to what you want. :wink:

Latest posts

Back