Hey everyone/Mesa head shell help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terje79

Reaction score
First off let me say hello to everyone, as I am new to the boogie board! Ive always been into amps and have always been a huge fan of Mesa/Boogies. I live in buffalo, NY and play in 2 bands pretty regularly. I have owned the: Single Rectifier Solo 50, triaxis, simul 2:90, dual rectifier(2), Quad preamp and I dont really remember what else. Right now i have 2 mark IV's, 3 sus-4 racks, a 2:50, and an over sized recto cab. Cheers to everyone here!

I do have a question though. I picked up an extra head shell for a short mark IV at a music flea market the other day (such a price I had to buy it!). I already have 2 mark IV's and would like to get something different to put in this. I know the mark II/III will fit in here but ive heard that the studio .22 and maybe some of the formula heads will fit in here. Do you guys know what exactly will fit in this head shell (Its the short version) or do you have any recommendations? Thanks again

-Eric

Mark IIC, Mark III, Mark IV
Caliber .50(+), Studio .22(+)
Dual Caliber short chassis(DC2, DC3)
Subway blues and rocket
Son of a Boogie
Maybe a recto blue angel and some nomads.

The reason I am selling the head shell is because I bought one at a flea market and put the MKIV head I had into it.

I was going to purchase another short chassis amp and put it in one of the head shells (Hence why I was asking) but I am closing on a house in less than a week and realize that is not the best idea right now.

Hence I took it out of the one that is for sale (Had a chassis in it) and put it in this one. The one I bought has a wicker front and I like the looks of it a little more.

The one that is for sale WAS purchased on ebay a while ago.

I had a mark IV in the one that I am selling and when it was in, it seemed like the head wasn't in all the way when it was mounted. It fit and everything but just seemed like it was a hair off. I just figured it was for a mark I but would fit the other mark series amps but be a little off. I had the mark IV in there and the holes lined up perfectly but there was maybe a 1/4" gap in the front so I figured it was for the MKI. Again I said I described it to the best of my knowledge.

Maybe you should ask me instead of poking holes into a situation that you have no idea about next time... thanks...

Latest posts

Back