Help with Triple Recto (non-multiwatt)3 channel

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zacinnc78

Reaction score
Problem: -"Solo" orange footswitch light(bigfoot controller) stays lit up and engaged no matter what.
What ive tried: -spraying both dinn connector ends and sockets with electrical cleaner and let dry (didnt work)

Is this a footswitch problem or an internal amp problem and is there any way of diagnosing and fixing??
I appreciate it .

Problem: -"Solo" orange footswitch light(bigfoot controller) stays lit up and engaged no matter what.
What ive tried: -spraying both dinn connector ends and sockets with electrical cleaner and let dry (didnt work)

Is this a footswitch problem or an internal amp problem and is there any way of diagnosing and fixing??
I appreciate it .

Howdy

Does it change the solo state without footswitch while using the ext switch Solo jack in back panel?

IMG_6081.jpeg

Howdy

Does it change the solo state without footswitch while using the ext switch Solo jack in back panel?

View attachment 4530
ive never used that,can i use the bigfoot plugged into that? (thats the only channel switcher i have)
*Edit*nvm thats a different connector ....what can i use to test that jack or do i have to buy some kind of different switcher?

Last edited:
ive never used that,can i use the bigfoot plugged into that? (thats the only channel switcher i have)
*Edit*nvm thats a different connector ....what can i use to test that jack or do i have to buy some kind of different switcher?
Instrument cable is ok. Just plug the cable into the Solo jack and short the free end of the cable’s tip to the cables ground with some screwdriver etc.

Last edited:
Instrument cable is ok. Just plug the cable into the Solo jack and short the free end of the cable’s tip to the cables ground with some screwdriver etc.
oh man thanks huge advice! gonna try it now
*result* it works and solo control would go in and out when shorting the tip ! This means the problem is in that bigfoot controller ,cable ,or the footswitch jack on the amp itself but not an internal amp problem? Is there any way to diagnose the pedal ?Note :this is my second bigfoot pedal and ive took great care not to mistreat it . I stepped on my original bigfoot where the cable plugs in the side. (i dont know why mesa didnt put the cable jack on the back of the unit instead of the side)But have since replaced the cable and the bigfoot pedal .

Last edited:
oh man thanks huge advice! gonna try it now
*result* it works and solo control would go in and out when shorting the tip ! This means the problem is in that bigfoot controller ,cable ,or the footswitch jack on the amp itself but not an internal amp problem? Is there any way to diagnose the pedal ?Note :this is my second bigfoot pedal and ive took great care not to mistreat it . I stepped on my original bigfoot where the cable plugs in the side. (i dont know why mesa didnt put the cable jack on the back of the unit instead of the side)But have since replaced the cable and the bigfoot pedal .

Next step would be to test the solo from footswitches end by shorting some pin to ground. Channels work by voltage in single pin to ground and fx/solo/mute are all in their own pins to ground.

I don’t know about the pinout of that amp so google that by yourself 😁

If the amp solo changes from cable end the culprit might be the connector in pedal or the switch itself..

Im trying to grasp what youre saying ... are you saying to short each pin individually of the cable end (footswitch side ,while its unplugged from the footswitch but plugged into the amp)?what would i touch them to?and is there any harm in just doing each one individually one at a time if i cant find or even understand a schematic if i do find one lol?Thanks for the replies man

Im trying to grasp what youre saying ... are you saying to short each pin individually of the cable end (footswitch side ,while its unplugged from the footswitch but plugged into the amp)?what would i touch them to?and is there any harm in just doing each one individually one at a time if i cant find or even understand a schematic if i do find one lol?Thanks for the replies man

One of the pins is ground and some of them are on/off for aforementioned function. Connecting solo pin to ground should activate solo in amp. And yes footswitch disconnected but cable connected to amp.

Not recommending to blindly short everything though 😁 so take some time if you can find some pinout diagram. Or somebody who has the amp here can chime in.

OR check with multimeter from Footswitch if the switch is broken. Open the FS and check from there.

If you feel unsure you’d be safer to take the amp and the fs to some proper amp tech who could check it properly.

One of the pins is ground and some of them are on/off for aforementioned function. Connecting solo pin to ground should activate solo in amp. And yes footswitch disconnected but cable connected to amp.

Not recommending to blindly short everything though 😁 so take some time if you can find some pinout diagram. Or somebody who has the amp here can chime in.

OR check with multimeter from Footswitch if the switch is broken. Open the FS and check from there.

If you feel unsure you’d be safer to take the amp and the fs to some proper amp tech who could check it properly.
sir does this make any sense to you ?(i think its page 8)https://www.audioservicemanuals.com...mesaboogie-dual-rectifier-3ch-solo-schematics

Last edited:
thanks for all the help my brotha ,its not a big deal i just wanted to fix the one thing that wasnt working on it in case i sell (i just acquired a mark iii blue stripe simul) it hink it needs a new jack or to resolder jack on the actual amp cause it has some slop in it

thanks for all the help my brotha ,its not a big deal i just wanted to fix the one thing that wasnt working on it in case i sell (i just acquired a mark iii blue stripe simul) i think it needs a new jack or to resolder jack on the actual amp cause it has some slop in it

Back