Help with chasis installation

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdixon55

Reaction score
Couple of questions about chasis' (if thats correct :)
I have a tremoverb combo and some of the foil above the chasis was worn off durring sanding the cab for recover. Can I replace and or touch up these areas with regular foil?

Also I believe I may have been getting some "motorboating" noises because the chasis was touching the foil. If I lower the chasis a little with the mounting screws there is a slight gap in the fromt and back from the cabinet to the chasis. Do I need to get a rubber sealer to put around the chasis to keep dirt and debris out?

thanks for the advice
Kevin

I build another housing for my rect-o-verb chassis (mind the extra s =)
And: the foil is replaceble. Take a foil that's conducting electricity !
Like aluminium foil. There are foils with coating or non conductive properties. These are not usable. The thing is that the foil closes your chasis in a so called cage of faraday, that means the total housing is conducting so any electrical/megnetic signal interference can't get in or out.

Thus that also means that you cannot make spaces between the chassis and the housing with the foil. Unless you also foil the space. But I wouldn't do that, leaving a gap. This is not really a robust mounting of your chassis, if it drops or a explicit force is used, the screws will break, resulting in real terror to your mesa loving heart.

-edit- the chassis is meant to touch the foil, the components are not by the way. So your motorboat noise is caused by something different, wich probably only occurs when touching the foil....

thanks chennie,

So I need to tighen the screws in the chasis until it actually makes contact with the foil and the top of the cab?

I couldn't figure out where the noise was comming from (motoboating) when playing. I removerd the chasis and the noise went away. The folks at mesa said thta the foil was probably touvhing something. I couldn't see where the foil was drooping down. I've been sanding the finish and scuffed off some of the foil and was going to replace it with tin foil. It will be a little while unti I'm ready to reinstall the chasis. But I will remember to not leave any open spaces.

Hey do you guys have pics of your recoverings? How do you guys remove the front face of the head, or is it even removable?

I don't have pics of the recover just yet, not finished. Not sure about the head I'm doing a combo.

Chennie, I have another question. The tremoverb has 4 holes on the top where the chasis scres go. the screws go through a rubber piece (grammett) I think they call it. Well the tremoverb just has the 4 holes open on top of the cabinet. I've seen another tremoverb and a rectoverb that had the chrome covers sort of like a fender that covers these holes. You know what these are and where I can find them.
thanks

I don't know the rubber things, but for the metal strips; do you mean :
P-H264.gif

Those are real Fenderisch and are used as a extra for screw mount, the replace the normal iron rings (washers, is that what they are called ?), zo the head of the screw won't sink in the wood.
I get my from a webstore wich is operating here in the Netherlands. I think any webstore for amp parts, especially Fender, wich is also really good available will hold these. Don't forget they come in different sizes, in inches measured from eye to eye.

Back