Help with 4 cable method with Mark IIB!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT_Marshmallow

Reaction score
Are the Mark IIB's ins and outs compatible with the 4 cable method? I'm having trouble wrapping my head around this.

Here's what I tried:

Guitar > Boss GT-6
GT-6 External Send > Amp Input
Amp FX Send > GT-6 External Return
GT-6 Main Out > Amp's Power Amp In Jack

Anyone tried this (with any fx unit) with this amp and have any advice?

Make sure the Gt-6's output is going to your amp's loop return. Also, once you have all the connections right, there is stilll a few other things to do. Turn the preamp of your Gt-6 to OFF and set your OD/Distortion to EXTERNAL. If youre still have issues after that, check out this forum.

http://bossgtcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11121&highlight=4+cable+tutorial

I use to run a GT-6, but upgraded to the GT-10 for the amp control feature.

Erotomaniac1928 said:
Make sure the Gt-6's output is going to your amp's loop return. Also, once you have all the connections right, there is stilll a few other things to do. Turn the preamp of your Gt-6 to OFF and set your OD/Distortion to EXTERNAL. If youre still have issues after that, check out this forum.

http://bossgtcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11121&highlight=4+cable+tutorial

:D

Erotomaniac1928 said:

I switched to running the GT-6 straight in with wonderful results. The time-based effects seem to sound great straight in. I will need to do the 4cm if I want more gain from the lead channel, but right now I'm just using it for a slightly creamy pushed clean tone.

I did have the GT-6's preamp section off and od/dist on external. I was unaware of Bossgtcentral.com so I will be checking that out extensively. Thanks!

Its funny you said you upgraded from a GT-6 to a 10 - I have owned my GT-6 for 7 years and have been considering buying a new GT-10 for the amp channel switching integration and the extra CTL pedal. Those two things right there are enough to justify the $499 price tag. However, I was also wondering if the quality of the effects are any better in the GT-10. (I have read mixed reviews about this.) I use rotary-like effects a lot, and reverb a lot. Delays sometimes and chorus sometimes, and I'll bet they're good in the GT-10. I also read that the whammy pedal is much better in the GT-10.

So,

1. How much of an improvement is there in the effects from GT-6 to GT-10?

2. Does the GT-10 work any better with the line levels of your Boogie than the GT-6?

Gettin' GASsy...

Back