Help Please

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarboy1

Reaction score
Got rid of my Lemon Marshall only to pick up a Lemon Lonestar :x
Took delivery today of Head and 2x12 Cab, worked great in the shop, got it home and switched it on and let it warm up for about 5 mins, flicked standby on and everthing worked great for 10 mins then nothing, quick check and 1 anti surge fuse blown (black)
1 hour drive back to the shop, another fuse put in which immediately blew.
Back taken off amp and all the tubes replaced from a Lonestar Combo which they had in store.
1 hour drive back home, amp working, but when I hit the solo button footswitch there is no rise in volume( yes it is turned on) also output switch next to it does nothing when turned up or down, the only way I can get more volume is by turnibg up the master.
Please tell me I am dong something wrong here.
Still not read thru the manual
please help Thanks

If it's like other Mesa's, the effects loop must be engaged for the solo function to work! Also, the solo level must be higher than the master! If all checks out, the loop does operate through a pre-amp tube! Could be a bad pre-amp tube! Your not hauling this thing back and forth in the back of your pickup, are ya? :?

This doesnt sound like a good way to start off your ownership of this amp! I might make them give me a differnt amp in the store--It sounds like they have more of them there-- :wink:

Sounds like you had some bad power tubes.

The problem with the Solo boost probably isn't a problem. Make sure that the switch on the back of the amp for the effects loop is not set to "Hard Bypass". This will enable the effects loop, which will enable the solo boost feature. Read the manual regarding this feature, because your amps volume controls will function differently with the effects loop engaged.

i was just going to post about your bypass, glad to hear things are working well now! ENJOY!

Just a quick thanks to everyone
I must say that this amp sounds amazing, already dialed in some beautiful tones, the sustain is unbelievable, the biggest musical mistake I have ever made is not getting a Boogie sooner..
Cheers all :D

Back